Sign in to follow this  
KarenT

Petition

Don't know if this has been posted already, and hope it's OK to put it here. Sorry if I'm duplicating.

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to make it compulsory for Local Authorities, NHS and Social Care to work together to produce a strategy with guidelines for Autism / Asperger syndrome including diagnosis, pathways to services and criteria that are realistic and address supportive and lifelong support,rather than waiting for people to fall into crisis before services respond. Also to create a national data base of the numbers of people diagnosed as being on the ASD spectrum for people on the Autism/Asperger Spectrum specifically to address the issues on Fair Access to Care and support that many consequently fall through the services. Also adopting a clear pathway to services for adults on the spectrum who currently are referred to as 'high functioning' rather than awaiting their move into 'crisis' To include more preventative and supportive approach. We need to have a national data base on the numbers of people affected. Currently services are only estimating numbers consequently do not see the need for strategies and specific services.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/life-rights-asd/

I fully support the facts, I don't do petitions, because my Member Of Parliament told me nobody reads them or acts on them, the petition site online is a bit of a joke really. Car people sent near 3 million names in, result nothing ! we couldn't hope to top that, and as I said they don't read the petitions..... in part it is a 'safety valve' for government, you vent your spleen there, you aren't in the medias or on the street making it harder for them ! I can't think of any online petition that made any difference... and we had special branch, logging in to see who the 'trouble-makers' are !

Don't know if this has been posted already, and hope it's OK to put it here. Sorry if I'm duplicating.

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to make it compulsory for Local Authorities, NHS and Social Care to work together to produce a strategy with guidelines for Autism / Asperger syndrome including diagnosis, pathways to services and criteria that are realistic and address supportive and lifelong support,rather than waiting for people to fall into crisis before services respond. Also to create a national data base of the numbers of people diagnosed as being on the ASD spectrum for people on the Autism/Asperger Spectrum specifically to address the issues on Fair Access to Care and support that many consequently fall through the services. Also adopting a clear pathway to services for adults on the spectrum who currently are referred to as 'high functioning' rather than awaiting their move into 'crisis' To include more preventative and supportive approach. We need to have a national data base on the numbers of people affected. Currently services are only estimating numbers consequently do not see the need for strategies and specific services.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/life-rights-asd/

I'm not convinced national data bases are secure after incidents like the Child Benefit one. I doubt they would just have numbers in it- they'd add it to the ID card data base probably and force us all to carry ID cards with our diagnosis on them! That said the local authority would probably need some idea of numbers to provide services and at present unless you need residential care or are in the right special school there is none anywhere I've lived. I'm wary of social services though as they are known to assume mums with AS should have their kids taken into care because of their AS.

Edited by aspiemum2twinsplus1