ScienceGeek

Organisation

So I am a naturally disorganised person unless it is the books/dvds/cds/computer games. Our shelves had been a complete mess for a while and there were stacks of stuff everywhere! I've sorted all the fiction by author and went to put them on the shelves, I've ran out of room and have only got as far as M!! We have loads that are P,S and T. That's not even including the non-fiction collection which is almost as large as the fiction. Oooops! Is there such a thing as having too many books? As an ex-librarian I have to say that I could never have too many books, but there is only so much we can fit into our flat.

How do you organise your books? Also how do you organise your house? Considering I'm a naturally messy person, why would I get so stressed about it being so disorganised and messy? I have an idea mainly stemming from living with my mum who is a complete and utter tidy freak and getting so used to things being that way that when I moved out of home and lived on my own the place was a complete mess and stressed me out... I dunno.

I just can't concentrate with this mess all around me. :unsure:

Grab some boxes - one to put things in to throw out - one to put things in to keep - and one to put things in to go to the charity shop.

Then be ruthless!!

Or buy cupboards so you can't see it all! :D

If I could organise my life as well as my books according according to the Dewey Decimal System, I would be one happy library lady. I get by with pockets of chaos but general tidyness.

Do one bit at a time: think, today I will sort this drawer. That way its not too overwhelming.

Grab some boxes - one to put things in to throw out - one to put things in to keep - and one to put things in to go to the charity shop.

Then be ruthless!!

Just out of interest, do you pratice what your preach? :whistle::devil:

Just out of interest, do you pratice what your preach? :whistle::devil:

I do! :P

Ya'know Monica from Friends.............i'm like that - only worse! :D

We have way too many books - our bedroom looks like an Amazon warehouse with many of them piled on the floor. One pile has reached 5 ft. It's on my OH's side and I keep saying it will be a lesson to him if they fall on him and squash him in the night.. :ph34r:

So I'm the wrong person to advise but maybe you could get rid of a few fictional tomes which you know you will never read again? I keep sneaking down to Oxfam with the odd bag or two... :whistle:

K x