Sign in to follow this  
shortcake

made me giggle

My sons new obsession at the moment is Sonic The Hedgehog the Ozone layer and Aliens. He has spent all weekend making a sonic the hedgehog scrap book and it has not left his side. This morning he could not find it when he got up and was adament that he had left it on his chair in his bedroom. We were looking for it as he started to get more and more distressed that it had gone missing I kept reasurring him that it couldnt have gone far and that we would find it. He then asked me if I thought "an Autistic alien who has a sonic the hedghog obsession could have come through the hole in the ozone layer and stolen it" the things they say eh! luckly the book was found under his bed and not on the chair "where he left it!"

awwww bless his heart!!! :D im glad you found it, i told my hubby what your son said and he too smiled...its true the things they say !!

my son is going through a huge fireman sam obsession right now, he runs round our 13ft trampoline to the beat of the theme tune and sings it constantly :D

we get funny looks from passers by (at back of our garden there is a lane) as he is nearly 8 now and has mind of a 3 year old, but ya know...what is normal? and why heck should our kids conform to what everyone elsethinks is ''normal''....i hate that word!! LOL

your son sounds adorable >:D<<'>

Levi is 7 next week and also loves Sonic The Hedgehog. It can drag on your nerves a bit though when he's been talking about it non-stop for two hours!! It's great though to see him be so passionate about it :)

Does your son play the Sonic video games? I think that's one of Levi's favourite things to do. :bounce:

Hi Julieann thanks for the lovely reply!! he is adorable but i would say that because im his mummy :wub: I keep telling people about it but nobody really gets it!

He loves sonic at the moment and loves to play the sonic game but he spends more time drawing his picture (he is a really good artist) Maybe we could let them have a chat on here about sonic? It does drive me mad sometimes listening the constant sonic talk and trying to converse back with him about it. THe thing with Ryan is his obsessions only last a few weeks then change costs me a flippin fortune!

How old is your son?

Well, you'd better get used to it. Bill's love for Sonic has not let up for at least 10 years.

Bill has been obsessed about Sonic the Hedgehog since he was 4 or 5. He's utterly obsessed, knows everything about him and it shows no sign of abating. He is now 14. He even got a personal thank you from the guy who used to be the voice of Sonic (apparently it's a new person since the character was taken over by a different company, and he's not as good and all sonic fans are up in arms!), because Bill campaigned long and hard, and is still campaigning, to have this guy reinstated as Sonic's voice!

It appears that once some people are bitten by the sonic bug, there's no recovery :lol:

Flora

Oooooooooooooooo..............................we've done, and still have the Sonic bug in our house, but now its flippin Tekken.

When I hear the words,

'Muu-uuum, did you know that in Tekken....'

or

'Y'know Heihachi (or whoever!!!) form Tekken? Do you? Do you? Well, see Heihachi from Tekken, he....'

and from there we're normally off into a detailed observation of the most miniscule details of the characters outfit, or a step-by-step breakdown of his most intricate moves.....

I see we are missing a -tearing-your-hair-out emoticon.....I'll leave it to your imagination! He knows EVERYTHING about it- the taxi driver has jokinlyg laid down a tekken bani n the taxi!!

Still......I thnak my lucky stars that we're over the Lara Croft/Tomb Raider obsession. Not only did we have the oft repeated facts n figures, but my lad was DESPERATE for me to dress up as Lara for Halloween!!!! :blink:

:lol::P:D:lol:

Not flamin likely!!!! Mind you, my other half, the first Christmas he spent with us, he made up labels for presents, then ordered an archaeology book and wrote a letter for Cal from 'Lara'- his face was a picture when he opened the book and read it, just before the joyous bounding and delighted screeching commenced!!!

Esther x

I've been obsessed with Sonic since it all began in the early 90s. :ph34r: I owned every sega console that was released as well as the sega gamegear! So much of my childhood and teens went to playing Sonic until the early hours of the morning in my insomnia years. :lol: I must say that I am not fond of the more recent versions of Sonic. I was greatly disappointed by Sonic and the Secret Rings. I shall continue to play my copy of the older ones on my sonic collection for the PC :thumbs:

B's not really bothered about this sort of stuff, I must have the only aspie on the planet who doesn't like computers and would rather hand write a project than do a power point.

But my G is 17 and still loves Pokemon. Can list every attribute and attack, every evolution and detail.

Scary, she's been like this for a decade!

When I hear the words,

'Muu-uuum, did you know that in Tekken....'

or

'Y'know Heihachi (or whoever!!!) form Tekken? Do you? Do you? Well, see Heihachi from Tekken, he....'

:lol: This sounds just like Levi talking about his games. Every sentence starts with 'Do you know...', 'Watch this..', 'Listen..' or 'Guess what!!?' and then he gets so excited about telling you that it's like he can't get the words out quick enough :lol:

Sciencegeek - You sound knowledgeable on games.. Have you heard of Abes Oddysee? Levi loves it, but no one seems to have heard of it. Levi also has the Sega consoles :) It's quite amazing how technology has changed so much since the early 90s!

:lol: This sounds just like Levi talking about his games. Every sentence starts with 'Do you know...', 'Watch this..', 'Listen..' or 'Guess what!!?' and then he gets so excited about telling you that it's like he can't get the words out quick enough :lol:

Sciencegeek - You sound knowledgeable on games.. Have you heard of Abes Oddysee? Levi loves it, but no one seems to have heard of it. Levi also has the Sega consoles :) It's quite amazing how technology has changed so much since the early 90s!

Sounds a lot like me! I was like that talking to my gf recently about my dawn of war games and world of warcraft!! Poor girl. As for Abes Oddysee, yeah I have heard of it, but haven't played it in a long time! :lol: