Tally

Proven Link Between Autism and Genius?

I think saying 'Oi' is fine too...

Mmm, not exactly, because you actually said that any comments should be expressed via PM.

I just think 'she had a pop at me, too' (with or without emoticons) is open to misinterpretation

Well, I need to apologise if it came across like that. I was trying to cheer Tally up after her comment that she felt attacked. I thought the emoticons showed my humour, but if I've got it wrong then I do apologise. I certainly didn't say...

'he/she had a pop at me so I feel justified...'

I'm not sure who you feel has taken exception? I took mumble's post (HEV!!!, where are you? You clearly didn't shout loud enough - look, I've gone and done it again!!!!! :rolleyes: ) to be an indirect apology, and certainly my own post was a very direct one with an assurance that I will try not to make the same error of judgement again and an explanation for the misunderstanding.

Well, your apology wasn't exactly unqualified, was it? :)

It may well be that what has been interpreted as a 'pop' was not intended as a 'pop' at all, and it seems pointless and unfair and 'uncomfortable' to air that sort of personal misunderstanding on the open forum

Sorry if I have got this wrong, but this seems to me to be saying that it is fine to make a joke at someone else's expense on the open forum, but it isn't OK for the butt of that joke to come back on the open forum. If you want to make jokes at other people's expense on the open forum, you should be able to accept any come back if that joke falls flat. Otherwise it might be wise to remember that old adage 'If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!' :)

If you read Bard's post above I think she sums things up very well :)

I think it's better to say things clearly, and give others the opportunity to recognise and understand that another person's view of the same post might be different.

The tricky thing is to do so without feeling cross and upset about it, and I thought you managed that rather well bid.

Bid :)

Edited by bid

I work very long hours with Kellyanne...we actually see more of each other than we do of our DHs. Because I have AS, sometimes I say things to her in a clumsy way that upset her or hurt her feelings.

She feels comfortable saying straight out to me 'Oi...'

What do I do? I feel bad that I've even unintentionally upset her, and then...I...apologise!! Then it's all forgotten and we carry on as before. I certainly don't take exception to the fact that she has been upset by something I have said...I accept that if it upset her, it upset her, whatever I meant.

So sorry, if someone makes a joke at my expense on the open forum and it upsets me, I shall continue to say 'Oi...'

Bid :)

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Bid you continue to say if something upsets you as should everyone.

If people are big enought o post 'lighthearted' comments on an open thread that then in turn upset people then those who post the comments should be big enough to accept that the people who got upset ARE going to post, also on an open thread, that they have been upset.

If you don't want this to happen then perhaps you could use the PM method to post your 'lighthearted' comments so that you can recieve a reply in exactly the same way!!!!!!!!!

Edited by kellyanne

Wooah what a radical change from earlier yesterday this thread has become!!

Utterly mind-boggling! Cant keep up!

Edited by CEJesson