Sign in to follow this  
CEJesson

Just about to watch Snow Cake - any good?

I am back home this weekend and just before leaving I went for a walk into town and found a rental copy of Snow Cake at the local library in Sheffield. It looks pretty good - does the film portray a good view of autism?

What did you think of it those who have watched it?

Chris

Edited by CEJesson

I really enjoyed it and found it very positive but realistic.

The actress who plays the autistic woman spent some time with Ros Blackburn in order to prepare for the role.

What did you think of it those who have watched it?

Brilliant, loved it, but don't watch the trailer or read the back of the DVD case first because it gives away a major part...

:thumbs::thumbs: Loved the movie! Although I must admit it did make me cry in parts to see some of the behaviours my daughter has. Not because it is negative at all, but I guess it makes it feel so real. It also made me smile a lot to!

Well just watched it and was really impressed. All actors with the larger roles played brilliant parts - Sigourney Weaver got it spot on. Well worth recommending to anyone.

It also highlighted very well people's selfish thoughts on autism (i.e. "I know all about autism, I watched that film about it") or odd facial expressions towards autistic traits.

It was even a film that made you smile or laugh at points especially when you can understand and relate to what is going on. For example the bit when Alan Rickman said on the lines of "despite our weaknesses you and I get on really well together", Sigourney Weaver says "yes" then "go away I dont want to talk to you for a while".

Edited by CEJesson

I also thought this film was really good. Has anyone seen after Thomas? This is another great film and made me cry. :crying:

After Thomas is also a brilliant portrayal and is a tearjerker!

Sigourney Weaver says "yes" then "go away I dont want to talk to you for a while".

My friend had hysterics at that bit - I'm a little too well know for saying stuff like that apparently........... :ph34r::whistle::oops::lol:

I loved it - and have shared amongst lots of friends. :D

I really enjoyed it and found it very positive but realistic.

The actress who plays the autistic woman spent some time with Ros Blackburn in order to prepare for the role.

I absolutely loved it too.

Ros Blackburn did one of her talks at the school I work at (EBD) she told hilarious tales of her time with Sigorney Weaver. When Ros jumped up onto the stage I could see the mannerisms that SW had used for film, and Ros's love of trampolining.

Worth watching.