Sign in to follow this  
bluefish

Meeting with lea today

Meeting with named officer today to discuss proposed statment.

Any advice?

I have made a list of questions

re-written part two and made a copy for him, as what is on part two now is not a true representation of ds. :whistle:

Very nervous and a bit emotional.

good luck >:D<<'> , hope it goes o.k.

........when we met with our lea officer it was very informal, she turned out to be a very nice lady who actually understood where we were coming of as her son had special needs.Hope it goes wel , my fingers and toes are crossed for you, hugs suzex

Hi good luck, only sign it once your totally in agreement with how it represents your child.

Good Luck.

JsMum

hun, very very best of luck today. I know how important these meetings are.

Remember though, it doesn't all hang on today, don't give up what you believe for the sake of settling things. If it isn't resolved it's not the end of the road.

Good luck

Flora

Hi well thank goodness thats over. Meeting lasted just under two hours.

At first he told me that was the MAXIMUM ds was entiteled too (6 3/4 hrs per week) and it was up to school to use their resorses they have for everything else. He showed me the schools buget for special needs and totally tried to get me to agree that that was fine. I stood my ground and hope I did ok?

I gave him all the points I wanted it part two and he agreed! We spent alot of time with me talking about Intensive Early Intervention making a difference. I showed him studies where in black and white it showed 25 hrs of 1-1 can make an enormass diffference. I did get a little emotional at one point and was cross with my self but I suppose it was only natural.

I did not specify how many hours I wanted but repeated constantly throughout the meeting I wanted ds to have a firm substancial specified package and school could top that up where needed.

Now got to wait for next prposed statment. Exhausted!

Thanks for all the posts this morning

Phew!

Well done bluefish.

I have my meeting next Tuesday. I hope you get the proposed staement you need. My draft statement is extremely vague, with lots of 'access to' and 'oppurtunities for'. :wallbash:

I hope they don't keep you waiting too long for the new one.

Lots of luck!