hev

we got a kitten today

my friend gave me a kitten today,ive been waiting for it for ages,its 8 weeks old on this coming tuesday,ive never had a kitten before,always bit nervous of them but i thought i would be ok as its a kitten i would get used to it

k loves it,steve not seen it yet,i dont really know what to do with it though,whether to keep making a fuss or let it get used to us first

Best to give it plenty of space at first. Cats are creatures of habit, and take some time to adjust to new people and places. Try to spend a little time every day sitting quietly in the room with it, so it gets used to you. Get some toys on string, so it can play and interact with you, without having to come too close. I'm in a rush now, but tomorrow I will find you a couple of links about kittens.

HI HEV

i would say the same as tally give it plenty of space to settle in and some toys ive always had kittens and cats and love my cat too pieces

they r such loving animals and very relaxing creatures

love donnaxxxx

HI HEV

i would say the same as tally give it plenty of space to settle in and some toys ive always had kittens and cats and love my cat too pieces

they r such loving animals and very relaxing creatures

love donnaxxxx

Fantastic Hev, I love kittens. The main thing to remember is not to let the kids treat it like a toy! it needs a place, a box or basket, where it can retreat to and no one touches it while its there, so it feels safe, apart from food and water and toys, thats it really. Of course you have to have it neurted if its a girl or you will soon have lots more kittens >:D<<'> Enjoy it, Enid

thanks tally :thumbs: oh the kitten sophie is lovely,is going toilet on litter tray and kates behaviour is excellent because she says she is a big sister now :wub:

Hi Hev -

Having the cat isn't always easy - ben can still get a bit over-enthusiastic with her from time to time - but it has been probably the 'best' thing that's ever happened for him.

We've had her over a year now, and he is still as mad about her as the first day we brought her home :wub: . She regards his bed as their bed, and sleeps at his feet every night, and the first thing I hear every morning is him talking to her and telling her how much he loves her. First thing he asks on coming in from school: 'Is the cat in?' (rapidly followed by - 'I've been good at school - can i have some sweets?', 'Have i got any match attax today?' and 'what's for tea?'. One day i hope to hear 'Hello dad' :lol:

Hope sophie becomes as much a part of your family as Tabby-Links has ours. >:D<<'>

:D

going toilet on litter tray

can I borrow her to show my mums dog what to do, she hasnt a bliddy clue, goes under the tray not on it :lol:

not being a cat person really im very surprised at myself!!shes so lovely :wub: she seems to have a little personality already

My cat gets in the litter tray, and squeezes so hard, she overshoots the litter tray and it all runs under the washing machine . . . I've had to get a litter tray with a lid now. Mitzi likes to sleep on my legs, and Mr Cat sleeps on the other side of the bed with his head on the pillow.

My cats are always in when I get home, in fact I have to open the door very carefully because Mitzi stands right behind it. She runs to the door whenever she hears someone outside, and when it's the postman, all the letters fall on her head, but she never learns! If I come home 5 minutes earlier than normal, they are normally sitting in the garden.

Cats are funny creatures, and do have strong personalities.

Ooooh, just seen piccies of our new kitten, born yesterday!

It's garjuss...a little mackeral-ish tabby, with teeny ginger flashes on its face (mum only had two and the ginger tabby was promised to someone else) :wub:

Don't know the sex yet, and although we'd decided on another female, having seen the piccies we're having it even if it's a male :clap:

Oh joy: 8 plus weeks of the kids bickering over names :ph34r:

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

my mates cat had 5 kittens,rest was black and mine was ginger,cos im so fab i was allowed the ginger cat :whistle::lol:

i really wanted to call my gat mary cos my mum :notworthy: has got ginger hair but katie was having none of it so sophie it is!!shes so cute,i think i might even love her one day and im normally not into cats at all

You might be entitled to help toward the cost of neutering:

CATS PROTECTION Neutering Vouchers: CP Vouchers cover roughly half the cost of the average neutering / spaying charge. You can apply directly to any Cats Protection branch or shelter, who keep a supply of vouchers. They often advertise in local newspapers. You may be asked to fill in an application form and provide a copy of the cover of your benefit book to obtain the voucher. You will need to take the voucher to the vet when getting your cat neutered, and all you pay is the remaining balance.

RSPCA Neutering Vouchers: Low-cost neutering vouchers are available from most RSPCA branches. Contact your nearest branch.

INDEPENDENT RESCUES Low Cost Neutering : Many independent rescue groups will help with neutering costs, or have arrangements with local vets for low cost neutering. Don't be afraid to ask, they all have the animal's welfare at heart.