ogsplosh

getting a budgie!!!

DD special interest is birds (pelicans in particular but I said no to having one of those) So we are hopfully getting a budgie this weekend if not next :D She keeps talking about when 'Herbie' comes to live with us! Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.... :rolleyes:

my ex :sick: was very close to his nan and she used to have a budgie,i was petrified of it keep flapping round me

did you get yours this weekend?i bet your dd will love it

Budgies rock, you can teach them tricks.

We had one used to perch on the mantelpiece with a pack of cards, it would pick them up one by one & fling them to the floor. Well I think thats quite clever for something with a peanut sized brain.

And when my mum was knitting it used to perch on the end of her needle & have a ride, it looked like one of those pencil toppers :lol:

Aww, I think it's a great idea! Pets can be great therapy :thumbs:

:thumbs: Hope Herbie settles in well. I have an aviary with 20 adult budgies and 24 babies! Eldest babies had their first flight over the weekend. :wub: The baby canaries wont be much longer before they are weaned and flying too! I can see a large advert appearing in the paper before much longer! :lol: