Sign in to follow this  
dooday24

im sooo mad

im having trouble with camhs....

reece finaly got an appointment with them in december after yrs of fighting!!!

and they were goin to do 4 assessments at school last term!!! well they finally did the first one the day before they broke up 4 half term!!!

and i phoned them today to see wen they would be doin the rest!!!

but the two people he sees were out of the office, i then explained to the receptionist why i was phoning so she had a look on his records and found the date on there 4 the first assessment to b done at the end of term!! she said she didnt know if that had been done as there was no input from it on his file!!!!

i explained i knew they had been in....

but there was nothing to say wen they were goin back Grrrrr...

so she said she would get them to ring me as soon as one of them got bac in the office but this did not happen!!!!

they make me soooo mad....

i want it all done by the time he goes up to keystage 2 in sept but not looking promising as always!!!!

why do we hav to fight everything to help our children im soo down at the moment and dont know wat else to do

love donnaxxxx

youve probably noticed but i found cahms terrible!!months for appointment,they never ring back when they say they will,keep phoning them donna make a nuisance of yourself,we have to keep fighting but its very tiring

thanx hev yeah i know you havnt had a very good experience with them either but as u said it is very tiring and just keep goin rwnd and rwnd in circles i will phone them again first thing in the morning

love donnaxxxx

Its just not good enough, you've already waited a long time and its now getting ridiculous, messing you about and more importantly Reece probably does not know whether he's coming or going. Think I would ring camhs and ask to speak to the manager in charge, rather than the receptionist and out your foot down, I did this and got an appointment almost straight away.

sadly it seems we have to batlle and fight for every dam thing.

Keep going though, we are all behind you.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

thanks clare i know u r there for us and i really apreciate it and i will be ringing them this morning and wiii get something sorted

will keep u posted thanx again

lv donnaxxxxx

Im sure they must think we have nothing better to do than constantly chase them-they are so blinking annoying!!!!!!!! :wallbash:

thanx everyone

i rang camhs this morning and the woman whos dealing with reece is off sick Grrrrrrrr

wont b bac til tues!!!!!!!

so no nearer forward as usuall makes me so angry,,,,,,,

donnaxxxxx

Well i have had to fight for everything and still do with the exception of CAMHS.Yes we waited ages for an appointment in fact they said they wouldnt see her as she was showing signs of aspergers :wallbash: However one really bad day two yrs ago i rang in tears and said i need you to see my daughter now.The CP said i will get yr case out and call back she rang 10mins latter and gave us an appointment for the same week.She still sees T and shes amazing when everythink builds up i ring her and shes so supportive.I think a lot depends on who gets yr case.

Have you tried only speaking to the person dealing with yr case, it's what I do. If she's out of the office I ask when she'll be back and make sure i phone then. Don't be fobbed off by receptionists or secretary's they're useless.

Good Luck

ive rang camhs again 2day the woman who deals with reece was in the office but did not answer phone wen secretary tried her line and left another message for her 2 phone me am getting so fed up as once again she did not return my call

really dont know wat too do these people think they can play god witth peoples lives and i am soooooo angry

love donnaxxxx

Sorry to hear you still didn't get through to the woman who deals with Reece.

Keep on at them, Ring again tomorrow and tell them it's urgent that he's seen. Exagerate everything if you have to and definately turn on the waterworks telling them you can't go on like this

Good Luck

thanku zosmum we def cant go on like this been fighting for him to be assessed since her was about 2and a half and hes 8 in sept and we r no further forward

love donnaxxx

Got a good idea what you're going through. Z was first assessed when she was 5, got a dx of dyspaxia but then school weren't convinced that was all and neither were we. Kept on fighting and calling. Ended up with a multi-agency team and loads of assessments bu cahms were the last people to respond to anyone. It took us til Z was 11 to get a full dx of ASD, ADHD, Dyspraxia and complex learning difficulties. Now we are going for another assessment to find if she has Dyscalculia. You just got to keep on banging on them.

Don't let them grind you down

OH and don't be put off by it taking us so long, we had th problem of "Oh she can't have that, she's a girl"

When you're feeling really low just look into your sons face then you'll know why you're doing what you're doing and that will bring a little smile back

>:D<<'> :D>:D<<'>

thanx again zosmum as u say it just takes sooooooooo long for them to do anything and it just wears me down

but im doin this for reece so he can get the most out of his life and i will never stop fighting for him

love donnaxxx