Sign in to follow this  
Sooze2

I wish.......

He would go to bed and go straight to sleep. He went to bed about an hour ago and has been up 4 times. He's had tummy ache, a weird pain in his shoulder, can't sleep etc. He hasn't been for an hour long poo yet with 5 books so that will be next even though he sais he didn't want to go at bed time.

He does the same every night, tonight he is very tired so I made him go to bad at 9.30 for an early night!

Ho hum :wallbash:

Edited by Sooze2

Horrid isnt it, you cant relax till they are asleep, then its so late you want to go to sleep yourself, but I find I stay up just to get a bit of ME time, then I`m knackered the next day :rolleyes: . Night Enid

I have my youngest two still up and bouncing around....... :bounce::bounce:

I wouldn't mind them not sleeping, if they would at least chill out and be calm and quiet, but instead they are very bouncy and not showing any sign of tiredness (unlike me of course.)

Hope you get to shut your eyes soon.

Aaawwww hun I really do have the biggest sympathies-this is one of the worse times in our house I literally dread bedtime cos it is one big battle and goes on for hours-ive seen him put to bed at 9pm n still bouncing off walls at 11.30pm with school the next morning.

I'm sure you have probably already tried the usual remedies of routine (bath, story, light off). Of course it is harder this time of year anyway with it not really getting dark.

It might be worth mentioning it to your doctor, I know a few children (On ritalin) who use melatonin to get them to sleep. it is a perfectly natural remedy It is usually only used to counteract the effects of drugs for ADHD but it is worth a try.

Mummy x

Yes, we've done all the above. My younger two sleep very well and theyve all had the same routines since babies.

Weve been to the doctor for menatonin under the advise the person who observed him at school but he won't prescribe without the advice of DS's consultant who we haven't seen yet so the wait continues.. Someone is coming here tomorrow to teach him some relaxation techniques, they use pulse points and he can do them all himself so we shall see how it goes. !!!!

Edited by Sooze2