Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tracey L

15 days to decide if they will take him.

Guest Tracey L

Me and my Husband went to visit a local school to see if it would be suitable for Harry recently.

The head of the department seemed to know a lot about Harry considering she had never met him, she later told me that the head teacher from his old school said that Harry screeches ( he doesn't).

She told us that " it would be cruel to take Harry as we would not be able to give him the attention he needs". Harry has a statement and has been recommended to a school with a department for social, communication and behavioural problems.

As we felt that she did not really want Harry there we applied, unsucessfully, to another school.

I visited the first school again with the lady from parent partnership. She basically demanded to know if they had a space for Harry or not.

The head of dept said that there were two available spaces but it would be at the headmasters discretion as to wether he could go there as Harry also has PICA. She said this could be a health and safety issue.

I put in my application and i know that they have 15 days to come to a decision. The 15 days were up last Wednesday!

I phoned The LEA on Thursday and she said that she would contact the school to find out what was going on. I did not hear back from her.

I phoned again today and she said the same thing again.

She then left a message on my answer phone saying that she had spoken to the head of the dept but she had not yet discussed it with the headteacher as he had been busy with school trips!

So what can i do now, they have gone 7 days over the 15 that they are allowed. I really thought that they were not allowed to do this.

:wallbash:

Write to them and either hand it in and ask for a receipt or send it special delivery. That way it is down in writing that they have gone over the limit and that way you have room to complain. I would personally doing nothing over the phone. You need everything in writing. You could also copy in the Director of Children's Services and see if that makes them jump to it.

Cat

Hi I have not replied before now as you probably know more than I do about the lea.

But here are some thoughts I had. who are you speaking to that is not doing their job and returning calls and working within the guidlines?They need to be reported. It is simply not good enough that they are not doing what they say they will. Have you spoken to the senior eduation officer? What about your MP or someone in health that could back you up?I can not understand how they can get away with doing whatever they want and no sticking to the rules! There must have someone that they are accountable to? no idea who that is, but a formal complaint has to be made! Maybe the Mp will know who you can contact to bring the lea to task.

Sorry probably been of little help. Good luck