Sign in to follow this  
baddad

The meaning of Liff

Deep Dene - Any area attractive to underwear in a way that encourages Feckling.

Beckley - An undersized trilby hat warn on the back of the head that makes young people thing they look a little bit cagey but actually makes them look a little bit stupid. The last time it actually looked 'good' on anyone was om George Cole in the St.Trinian's films of the 60's.

Luddenham - The smelly piece of decaying meat your tongue finally manages to work from a gap in your teeth two hours after eating a cooked breakfast.

Walliswood - A desperate insurance salesman who gatecrashes parties in the hope of meeting new customers.

Lickfold - The flap on an envelope.

Cheam - The spiral of matter extruded from a really good blackhead.

Wooton Basset - An endearingly ugly spiky haired mongrel

Gringley - Descriptive of the sense of smug satisfaction derived from the extrusion of a particularly fine Cheam.

Cardiff - The ugliest person at a speed dating event (I wouldn't tick his/her card if he/she was the only other person in the room)

:D

Llandudno.... when some takes a swipe but they're so drunk they miss and fall over.

Llangrannog ..... When someone has reached the point of alcohol consumption that the next swig will make them vomit.

Bootle.... a hoodie thug with so many piercings in their face they are forced to walk with a stoop and their lips and eyelids are drooping.

Lancaster .... the permatanned, quiffed, luminous toothed, speedo wearing spiv that you always see roaming Brighton Beach

:)

Billericay - something brought up from the back of the throat when you have laryngitis that resembles a well chewed cockle.

Tankerton - Fat bloke

Great Ponton - Fat bird

Chorley Wood - an unwanted and embarrassing erection... The Millenium Dome, for example ;)

Billericay - something brought up from the back of the throat when you have laryngitis that resembles a well chewed cockle.

Tankerton - Fat bloke

Great Ponton - Fat bird

Chorley Wood - an unwanted and embarrassing erection... The Millenium Dome, for example ;)

omg I just choked on my coffee :lol::lol::lol:

Stumbled across a pome the other day and I thought it would fit this thread rather well...

BARTON IN THE BEANS

For comfort on bad nights,

open out a map of Middle England

and sing yourself to sleep

with a Lullaby of English names:

Shouldham Thorpe, in gentle sunshine,

Swadlincote, in a Laura Ashley frock,

Little Cubley, veins running with weak tea,

Kibworth Beauchamp, praying on protestant knees,

Ashby-de-la-Zouch, saying 'Morning'

Wigston Parva, smiling - but not too widely,

Ramsey Mereside, raising an eyebrow,

Eye Kettleby, where they'd rather not talk about it,

Market Overton, echoing with the slamming doors

of Cold Overton, where teenagers flee every night to their rooms,

screaming that from Appleby Magna to Stubbers Green

they never met a soul who understood.

They never met a soul.

At Barton in the Beans, the rain says Sssshhhhh...

(Joanne Limburg)

How'd I miss this???

What about;

Ae, the sound made by parents who are getting on a bit and are slowly becoming ever more hard-of-hearing, but they're too proud to admit to it and so, every time someone speaks to them, they make this sound in a brusque, slightly accusatory manner that behooves these whippersnappers who don't have the decency to speak up a bit!!

Throcking, the act of emptying the anal glands of man's best friend........ (A dog, I mean......)

Grike- the involuntary oesophageal spasm (and accompanying sound effect) made by the unfortunate Vet Assistant who lost the draw on who got to fix Fido's problem.......Or by those who utilise a Thurnham!!

Diggle- the single-digit motion favoured by toddlers everywhere when exploring their own human equivalent of the avian cloaca....

Heckmondwike- the dewdrop of Nasal dripping that quivers threateningly but endlessly from the proboscis of the elderly retired minister,and from which you can barely avert the gaze of your unwillingly fascinated eyes as the gentleman in question speaks with great gentility to you........(Will it drop? How long will it stay there??? DO YOU TELL HIM????)

How'd I miss this???

What about;

Ae, the sound made by parents who are getting on a bit and are slowly becoming ever more hard-of-hearing, but they're too proud to admit to it and so, every time someone speaks to them, they make this sound in a brusque, slightly accusatory manner that behooves these whippersnappers who don't have the decency to speak up a bit!!

Ae? Is there a place called AE ??? My guess is that a tourist was being shown around a hill or something by Billy Connolley's great great great grandfather and asked 'where are we?' and got the reply:

Ay...Eeeee... were oop a hill... ay...Eeeee....

----

If this is kicking off again:

Bexhill - the morning bump in a Lager louts eiderdown after a heavy session

Laddingford - What they find after a really heavy session when they haven't woken up

Tunbridge Wells - Divots made in mashed potato to accommodate gravy

Wells Folly - Divots made in mashed potato to accommodate gravy only to discover that there is no gravy

Maiden Wells - Wide, thin divots made in mashed potato to accommodate gravy when there's lots of gravy but only a very small portion of potato.

Llangammarch Wells - Divots made in mashed leek-and-potato champs to accommodate gravy

Ringly Wells - Divots made in mashed potato to accommodate spaghetti hoops (etc etc)

Wookey Hole - Chewbacca's bottom.

Hickling - Arguing a minor and irrelevent point for no other reason than to delay losing the argument.

Angmering - Saying 'I'll agree to differ' after it is clear to everybody else in the room that you have lost the argument.

Closeburn - To state 'and that's the last I'm going to say on the subject' after holding the floor for twenty minutes without allowing the other person to present their argument.

Trumpton - A small, fictional village held in great affection by the elderly

Camberwick Green - see Trumpton.

Hatty Town - Now you're just being silly...

Poggles Wood - Stop It...

Williams-Wish-Wellingtons - I'm warning you :shame:

Chorlton-And-The-Wheelies - Right: off to bed and no supper......

Vobster...that frisson of panic when you sit on a loo seat only to find that it's warm :ph34r:

Tonwell ... (pron. 'Tunnal')... the semi-attention paid to you by a teenager who is watching TV or a computer game.

Flamstead End ... result of chafing underwear

Brickendon ... the knowledge that one is going to bed after too many drinks but too apathetic/bloated to drink a couple of pints of water.

(courtesy of Jester :jester: )

Cumberland - The area of hoisted flesh above a cummerbund; an uppercrust male muffin top. Also known as 'the cumberland sausage'.

Morecombe - A repository for awful poetry.

Clacton - A shaping device, similar to a chisel, used in the manufacturer of false teeth.

Whitby - a small scratch or cut on the tip of a chef's finger that stings like b*ggery when he gets vinegar or lemon juice in it.

Hassocks - saddle sores.

Aldington Frith - The surface film on the floor of the men's toilet in a busy nightclub. Also known as Enfield Wash or Waterslack