Sign in to follow this  
Sooze2

School summer fair

Its the school summer fair tonight and I'm dreading it. I have to go because its my daughters' first one since starting school and they are really looking forward to it. They were upset because I didn't take them to the Christmas fair for fear of how DS will behave so I am just hoping he will behave and not have too many meltdowns. He was very stressed before school this morning because it's mufty day and all his clothes felt horrible and had to keep changing them because they didn't feel right then he had to change his shoes and socks just as we were leaving the house for school.

I am thinking of giving him some money and telling him to go around on his own and see if he can hook up with a freind. What do you think?

Its the school summer fair tonight and I'm dreading it. I have to go because its my daughters' first one since starting school and they are really looking forward to it. They were upset because I didn't take them to the Christmas fair for fear of how DS will behave so I am just hoping he will behave and not have too many meltdowns. He was very stressed before school this morning because it's mufty day and all his clothes felt horrible and had to keep changing them because they didn't feel right then he had to change his shoes and socks just as we were leaving the house for school.

I am thinking of giving him some money and telling him to go around on his own and see if he can hook up with a freind. What do you think?

>:D<<'> You could try giving him some change to go round with a friend.

We have decided not to even go to the school fair on Saturday so you are keener than us.Fotunately Ben does not want to go. :thumbs::thumbs: Karen.

Have exact same prob! Have meeting with CAHMS/HEAD/GP at 1pm and school fete after sch. younger two soo excited but scared to take J, He would be devasted if we went without him, could let littles go with another parent but they want me to go, so just going to have to give it a go, its raining as well so will be in hall, :tearful: Enid

survived the fair then, now got the school production on thursday night to worry about, its the school DS was excluded from so always very wary bout taking him to anything :tearful: How did you fare at the fair! sorry, couldnt help that one :whistle: Enid

Ha Ha. We faired fairly well at the fair thanks for asking Enid. The girls ended up going to their favourite freinds house because he mum has lots of children and really didn't want to go, they would never turn down a chance to play with the freind. SO I only had DS and I told him before I left that one tantrum or loud negative comment and I would take him home, seemed to work. He was a bit hyper and he needed to see everything very quickly but he was very very good. It was quite quiet because it was indoors so quite good really, I was very impressed. He even took his own money to spend.

Glad to hear itwent well for you too, phew eh.

Our school fair was the other week n I braved it with my ds-bad move he had a mega meltdown in front of everyone!!!! :wacko: