Sign in to follow this  
Sooze2

Contultant date came today - DX or not DX

Gulp..........

On Tuesday the 8th July we are seeing the consultant, they said it would take at least 4 months to come through 2 months ago so I am amazed! I feel this is a sign that they will diagnose as I know the CHAMs lady is behind us all the way and the consultant works in the same building as her.

This may be good or bad but it is also sports day that day and the appiontment is after school. There is no way I am re-scheduling the appointment so they will either see DS at his best or worst depending on how sports day goes !!! :tearful:

I'm scared they will say there's nothing wrong with him and I have just messed up his head from being so rubbish. I keep getting very angry and shouty, I am sure I am reacting to the pressure of it all but I am just so angry at the moment at everything. I know that if they diagnose him I will be releived that I was right from the start from when he was a baby. I also know I will be very angry at all the people who poo pooed me including freinds and family and the doctors who in the end told me they don't deal with mental health and to stop asking about it. I'll have to try and let that go out of my head though.

God, sorry I'm rambling but I am a bit of a mess at the moment it seems. :tearful:

Edited by Sooze2

Gulp..........

On Tuesday the 8th July we are seeing the consultant, they said it would take at least 4 months to come through 2 months ago so I am amazed! I feel this is a sign that they will diagnose as I know the CHAMs lady is behind us all the way and the consultant works in the same building as her.

This may be good or bad but it is also sports day that day and the appiontment is after school. There is no way I am re-scheduling the appointment so they will either see DS at his best or worst depending on how sports day goes !!! :tearful:

I'm scared they will say there's nothing wrong with him and I have just messed up his head from being so rubbish. I keep getting very angry and shouty, I am sure I am reacting to the pressure of it all but I am just so angry at the moment at everything. I know that if they diagnose him I will be releived that I was right from the start from when he was a baby. I also know I will be very angry at all the people who poo pooed me including freinds and family and the doctors who in the end told me they don't deal with mental health and to stop asking about it. I'll have to try and let that go out of my head though.

God, sorry I'm rambling but I am a bit of a mess at the moment it seems. :tearful:

hi,

im glad you have you final appiontment through - not long now !!

I just had the very same appiontment as you, and my DS was finally diagnosed, i've been fighting for years !

i wish you the best of luck ! but then its nothing to do with luck ,is it ?

Either the consultant will diagnose IF he has enough eveidece ,

or if theres not enough eveidence to convince him then he will not diagnose,

there no pushing them into it - he will not 'label' any child unless he's absolutly sure.

I hope your right, and get the dx your liitle one needs

best wishes mel xx