Sign in to follow this  
puffin

Disaster week

Having a bit of a disaster this week. DD1 (12 AS/ADHD) (and DD2 (10 NT)) both really wanted to go to a residential skating camp a couple of hours away. I was not too sure how it would work out - espcially when I found she'd been allocated to a dorm of 12 (most of whom she didn't know) but she was keen to stay.

She managed 4 days and then rang home saying that she was tired and missing her beloved cat whith whom she has a very special bond too much. So we went up to get her on Wednesday evening (DD2 decided to stay). When we got back her cat never came home and has been missing ever since.

We live in a remote rural area but have contacted the neighbours and searched barns, handed out fliers and put up posters on local noticeboards and village shops. We have walked all local roads, paths and checked ditches for signs of blood or and accident - but the cat seems to have vannished off the face of the earth.

We are due to go on holiday next week - although 2 of the local farmers told us when we were going round with the fliers tha they've had cats disappear for several weeks in the summer.

DD1 is not saying much and is unable to show emotion when upset. She said yesterday that her cat perhaps ran away because she went away to camp!

It just seems hard to know what to do and how to help DD1 at the moment ......

oh I,m so sorry, hope you get some news real soon.We live on a farm , and last year we had a cat hanging round alot, I did,nt think much of it , but it seemed to start hanging round alot and I would see it about the place all the time.It had a collar on ,and one day I caught it and phoned the number, turns out it had been missing for 4mnths :o , don,t where else it had been as we had only started seeing it for a couple of weeks.The owners lived a mile away, the lady was in tears when she picked it up............there are happy endings, I,m praying you have one, take care suzex.

Hi there

Hope your cat comes home soon!

I know it's not quite the same but when my late parents moved house their cat went missing for about 3 months. They lived at the edge of town on a farm and due to my mum's disability and my dad's ill-health they had to move to a warden-controlled bungalow in town (about 2 miles away). Anyhow, they had been in their new home about 2 months and Fluffy seemed to have settled in OK....one day she went out and just never came back. We put posters up, went back to the old house,called the vet and local animal homes and the Cats Protection League just in case she had been handed in, but nothing. 3 months later I got a phone call to say that a cat matching the picture in the poster had just walked into this lady's flat in th emiddle of town, we went over there and there was Fluffy sat in the lady's lap!! She was very happy to see us though (as was my dad to see her!)

Hope you find her soon

Emma

:(

Was she microchipped? Even if not, have you contacted the local vets and the nearest RSPCA centre?

Our cat went missing for nearly 2 months and unknown to us she had been hanging out at a neighbour's not far away, probably got disoriented and couldn't find her way home. They put up posters and we didn't see them! Luckily a friend spotted one and told me. In the meantime they had taken her to the RSPCA and that's where we found her, safe and well. So don't give up hope - keep looking.

K x

The posters are a really good idea. Try leaving a little used cat litter around the door.

Contact your local RSPCA, Blue Cross and Cats Protection, also local vets. Your local council are responsible for removing animal bodies from the roadside and will be able to tell you if they have done so since your cat disappeared. Obviously it would not be the news you want, but at least you would know where you stand.

If your cat is an unneutered tom, they do sometimes go wandering in search of women!

Yes she's micro-chipped - so if she's found we will hopefully be contacted. We've also phoned and e-mailed all the vets and cat-shelters within a 30 mile radius. I think that the biggest fear - because of out rural location is that she may have been taken by a wild animal - although she is a great fighter as the dog at a nearby farm found out when she saw him off out of the garden, She is also a good hunter - so would be able to survive a while.

DD1 keeps going to the door and calling her name - just in case.......

Edited by puffin

Still no sign of the cat :(:( - DD1 is starting to wonder if we'll see her again.

I'm also feeling bad as I persuaded her to go back to the skating camp on Saturday to do the grading - however the judge was one of the most picky I've ever seen and he failed the entire group - so she's down about that now as well.........