Sign in to follow this  
zacsmum

My first post

Hello Everyone.

Found this forum a week ago after searching for some info on Asperges.

My name is Tracey and i am single mum to 3 kids..16 yr old daughter..15 yr old son and a 6 yr old son.

My 6 yr old was born with kidney , heart and hearing problems..all his behaviour problems have been put down to his hearing loss..( he had grommits at 3 1/2 so didnt start to talk untill just after that)

He went playschool 5 afternoons a week at the age of 3 but was labeled immiture..and a whirlwind.

Anyway at the age of 5 he started full time school but had major problems with the teachers..after them not listening and just sending him out the class for being naughty ( even then i knew he didnt understand what was going on) i decided to change his school..

So new school in the feb last yr..( he was 5 1/12) he spend rest of time settling in nicely in reception..but when september comes around and he is moved up to yr one he has problems again..again 2 different teachers on differend days..( same as first school) really unsettled starts biting class mates ..not listening to teachers..wandering off in class..habits start..ie..licking lips..making noises..clicking fingers..( list goes on and on) anyway but november they cant cope so move him back into reception where he settles down again with more support ( plus she is the special needs teacher..anyway in this time i take him to doctor who refers us to peaditrition who when we finally see her says he is far to sociable to have aspergers( this is what i have always susspected he has.)

Told he has globle development delay..ok so she gets in touch with school to say he need one to one and with support and speech theatapy he will be ok.

School call in phycologist and after me going in to explain how he is at home ( a lot of things i havnt listed or i could be here a while..and after she asses him she is 95 % sure he does have aspergers..at last i feel someone is listening..she is a top lovely lady who said yes he is socible but has no fear, no common sence, has no idea when it come to stranger danger..he has plenty of imaginary friends..

Anyway as he is out of his yr group( should be in yr one..) they were worried if he goes in to yr 2 he just wouldnt have a clue..so they has to apply to keep him back a yr.

The plan for him now to go to yr one in september but have several ppl in that month to assess him and work with him coz they are talking about sending him to a school that would suit his needs..also pushing for a statement.

So if you manage to read this far..thank you..

i have come here for support and maybe offer advice too if i can in any way.

so hello to you all and look forward to joining in.

Tracey x

Hope that wasnt to much info on a joining post.