bid

Please sponsor me!

Hi all,

Please would you think about sponsoring me as I'm running( :o ) in the adidas Women's 5K Challenge in London on Sunday 7th September 2008!!

I am raising money for the residential special school where I work, which offers placements for children and young adults with a range of SLD, MLD and ASD, epilepsy and other complex medical needs. It really is a fantastic place...

Please click on this link to sponsor me online, and your donation will go straight to the charity:

Here

Many, many thanks >:D<<'>

And wish me luck, 'cos I'm going to need it! :o:ph34r::lol:

Bid :dance:

Edited by baddad
Edited at poster's request.

Thanks guys >:D<<'> :D

It's quite a big challenge for me, as I'm so not athletic.

The last time I bought trainers was in 1988, and I only bought those 'cos I wanted lilac bobble tennis socks!! :o:lol:

I've got to train over the summer hols! :crying:

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

I've got to train over the summer hols! :crying:

Don't think that'll help... or using buses etc. A Bike would be a good start, but if you could manage some walking or jogging that'd be even better! :whistle:

What's that?

Nobody loves a what?

How very rude! :lol:

Good luck girlie, you,ll be fine doing a 5 k , start off jogging then walking for 30 mins , if you have an i-pod jog for one song walk for the next :thumbs: , you,ll very soon be able to increase it so your running/jogging for about 30 mins.Do it 3-4 times a week and you,ll be a champion athlete :thumbs: .There are some really good running sites with special training diaries on if you want to follow one of them.Best of luck with it , hugs suzex.

Good luck, bid - hope it all goes well :thumbs:

My training plan says I should be doing a 30 minute 'easy run' right now. I'm sure that zero is a misprint :whistle: As for 'easy run', who are they trying to kid ? :D

Nicky x

Thank you to the two Ni©k(ki)ys for sponsoring me! :lol:

I have actually been training BD :P but I've also been having physio over the summer for my hip, and the physio thinks I will probably need to walk most of the way! :crying: Luckily there is a section for walkers/mums and buggies, etc.

My t-shirt arrived this morning...hot pink (to match my face ;) )

Thank you again everyone for sponsoring me...with the other sponsors I've collected at homw I'm nearing �150, which I'm really pleased with as I don't know that many people, and I find it really hard to ask people to sponsor me :o

I have actually been training BD :P but I've also been having physio over the summer for my hip, and the physio thinks I will probably need to walk most of the way! :crying: Luckily there is a section for walkers/mums and buggies, etc.

Hold on, hold on... so this three mile run has now turned in to a three mile walk? I'm sponsoring you for taking a nice stroll?? You've bought new trainers and an official T shirt for a gentle amble??? :o:angry:

Seriously - hope the hip doesn't give you any gyp (from hip-hop to hip op., as it says on cheap birthday cards ;)) and that you do not suffer weeping blood blisters from not breaking your trainers in properly...

Remember, as confuscious said, a journey of three miles starts with one small step... just check the starting line for dog-eggs and you should be okay :)

:D

from hip-hop to hip op., as it says on cheap birthday cards ;))

:o Well think yourself lucky it wasn't a recycled card :lol: (unlike the wrapping paper :clap: )

Thank you Floz and Tally plus cats! >:D<<'>

I'm going to look for some pink fluffy deeley-boppers tomorrow to match my t-shirt :clap::dance:

I was getting in a real state about the whole thing, but now the physio has spoken I sort of feel I've been given permission to look after my hip, so I'm going to enjoy myself on the day now! :bounce:

I maight look for some pink sparklie eye shadow too!! :o

Edited by bid

I maight look for some pink sparklie eye shadow too!! :o

Bid you know what I'm like with me sparklie eyeshadow :lol: I actually have some if you want to have a look and see if it any good for you.

Can you also bring your sponsor form in on wed and I'll sponsor you :)

Bid you know what I'm like with me sparklie eyeshadow :lol: I actually have some if you want to have a look and see if it any good for you.

Can you also bring your sponsor form in on wed and I'll sponsor you :)

Oooh, yes please, hun! :D:clap:

Just heard from my colleague who's doing this with me that she's injured her knee over the holidays, so it looks as though we will both be tottering along!

I'm thinking of making a sign for my back which says 'Running in. Please pass'! :lol:

I'm thinking of making a sign for my back which says 'Running in. Please pass'! :lol:

Ah, I think that reference may be a tad to old-fashioned for most of the peeps doing the passing...

'The Walking Wounded' would probably serve you better, or you could just tell everyone who passes you had a blow out in your left plimsol on the last sharp bend :)

:D

Hi guys

Just to let you all know that Bid is, as we speak, doing her race and if any of you would like to catch highlights of the race then they will be on BBC2 Grandstand later on this afternoon. I'm unsure of the times so if any of you manage to find them,would you mind posting the times on here please. Thank you x x

It's Bid, logging on as Auriel...

Just to let the peeps who sponsored me know that I did the run!

Dodgey hip notwithstanding, I ran the first 3 and a half K, but then I had to walk for half a K (unfortunately I was badly attacked by a client at work at the end of my shift on Sat morning, and my head and shoulder are still very painful and I'm feeling sick on and off), but then I ran for the last K.

I'm so chuffed with myself, as I ran 4 and a half K of the 5K, and I think if I hadn't been feeling unwell I would have been able to run the whole lot!

My time was 43 mins :lol:

Thank you to everyone who sponsored me! :D

Bid :)

Good luck to NickyB for her run...I actually really, really enjoyed it so I'm sure you'll have a great time too :)

Edited by Auriel

Well done :thumbs: , glad you enjoyed it, the atmosphere at these things is usually so good , especially when everyone cheers at the finish.

It's Bid, logging on as Auriel...

Just to let the peeps who sponsored me know that I did the run!

Dodgey hip notwithstanding, I ran the first 3 and a half K, but then I had to walk for half a K (unfortunately I was badly attacked by a client at work at the end of my shift on Sat morning, and my head and shoulder are still very painful and I'm feeling sick on and off), but then I ran for the last K.

I'm so chuffed with myself, as I ran 4 and a half K of the 5K, and I think if I hadn't been feeling unwell I would have been able to run the whole lot!

My time was 43 mins :lol:

Thank you to everyone who sponsored me! :D

Bid :)

Good luck to NickyB for her run...I actually really, really enjoyed it so I'm sure you'll have a great time too :)

Well done, bid - I saw the highlights on the telly (I'm sure it was you I saw sprinting across the line :D) It looked like really good fun.

Thanks for your good wishes - I'm feeling a bit less scared now :thumbs:

Edited by NickyB