Sign in to follow this  
fiorelli

We seem to have gained an ally...

Had a phonecall from L's resi head careworker.

Basically, he had recieved an e-mail from the LEA regarding my e-mail about our unhappiness about the annual review (I posted on here the other day about this). He asked if we had any problems with resi (no, we don't they seem to be doing what they can to help. We have a few niggles, but we live with them as they are little things (like giving him doritos for supper).

I said that our main concerns are with the school, and although we believe that it is a good school, we don't believe it's right for L yadda, yadda, yadda. Then said about how we were concerned that L hadn't progressed in 4 years. He said that he had raised concerns about this himself with the headteacher earlier on this week. He also asked what we thought of the IEP, as he had issues with them which he also brought to HTs attention (e.g. they are not attainable, there is nowhere on them to note how the child is to be helped to achieve target, there is nowhere to note that the target had been achieved etc). Resi head has said that he is going to be on the case when they go back as he is concerned about it, adn that it isn't right.

So, I was right! I was also right, I believe (at the minute) to give it another 6 months (at least then I can say that we gave them chance to prove they were helping him)

Oh, and we have just found out that he is going to be in a class with children his own age and older! (so a class of yr 5,6 and 1 yr 7 pupils) And only 1 of which was in his class this year. We have been wanting this for so long as he has been in classes where everyone else is younger than him and almost half the size. (we believe this may be why his behaviour has been so 'exemplary' - he's been seen as the oldest, the biggest, the funniest, the most clever....) Maybe they will start to see a slight change in him? (why, oh why do we wish for the bad stuff sometimes?)

Had a phonecall from L's resi head careworker.

Basically, he had recieved an e-mail from the LEA regarding my e-mail about our unhappiness about the annual review (I posted on here the other day about this). He asked if we had any problems with resi (no, we don't they seem to be doing what they can to help. We have a few niggles, but we live with them as they are little things (like giving him doritos for supper).

I said that our main concerns are with the school, and although we believe that it is a good school, we don't believe it's right for L yadda, yadda, yadda. Then said about how we were concerned that L hadn't progressed in 4 years. He said that he had raised concerns about this himself with the headteacher earlier on this week. He also asked what we thought of the IEP, as he had issues with them which he also brought to HTs attention (e.g. they are not attainable, there is nowhere on them to note how the child is to be helped to achieve target, there is nowhere to note that the target had been achieved etc). Resi head has said that he is going to be on the case when they go back as he is concerned about it, adn that it isn't right.

So, I was right! I was also right, I believe (at the minute) to give it another 6 months (at least then I can say that we gave them chance to prove they were helping him)

Oh, and we have just found out that he is going to be in a class with children his own age and older! (so a class of yr 5,6 and 1 yr 7 pupils) And only 1 of which was in his class this year. We have been wanting this for so long as he has been in classes where everyone else is younger than him and almost half the size. (we believe this may be why his behaviour has been so 'exemplary' - he's been seen as the oldest, the biggest, the funniest, the most clever....) Maybe they will start to see a slight change in him? (why, oh why do we wish for the bad stuff sometimes?)

hi im not all that good with computers so i hope i get this right, im just wondering what DAMP is ive not heard of this one before. hope you dont mind me asking

julie 1