Mumble

Blackadder Quote

I'm sure there's some Blackadder fans here who can help me out. I have a habit of 'using' snippets of TV programmes in conversation - and Blackadder seems to feature quite highly. I have one snippet I used to use and can't find the end of - it seems to have fallen totally out of my quote absorbing head. I need to find the hole, fix it, and reabsorb .... :wacko:

I think it was in Blackadder Goes Forth and was Captain Blackadder's response to one of Baldrick's 'cunning plans'; and it started (and I can hear the right 'voice' in my head', just can't finish it): "That's about as subtle as a ....." (and it was of course something very unsubtle.)

Help - can anyone finish it? It's really really annoying me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I *think* you are referring to

"Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord, singing "Subtle plans are here again!"

Simon

But it could also be:

Baldrick: I have a plan, sir.

Blackadder: Really, Baldrick, a cunning and subtle one?

Baldrick: Yes, sir.

Blackadder: As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

:thumbs: :thumbs:

I likey both - not convinced either are the ending I had in mind as my mind can usually be relied on to quote word for word (and annoy people who don't ...), and I'm sure it began "That's about as subtle as ...", but I could substitute things to use one of these. :D

As an aside, my favourite and most used quote is:

So Mr Spycatcher, how's it going?

Well, not much luck so far. I think he might be as difficult to find as a piece of hay in a massive stackfull of needles

:lol: :lol:

For some reason people look at me strangely when I come out with that ... :wacko::rolleyes:

:thumbs: :thumbs:

I likey both - not convinced either are the ending I had in mind as my mind can usually be relied on to quote word for word (and annoy people who don't ...), and I'm sure it began "That's about as subtle as ...", but I could substitute things to use one of these. :D

As an aside, my favourite and most used quote is:

:lol: :lol:

For some reason people look at me strangely when I come out with that ... :wacko::rolleyes:

Are you thinking of the the quote 'That's about as subtle as a sledge hammer!"

:)>:D<<'>

I've always wanted to find an opportunity to use this one but I can never remember it when the situation has been right :lol:

Eternity in the company of Beelzebub and all his hellish instruments of death will be a picnic compared to five minutes with me and this pencil.

Flo' :D

Mumble I've found it!!!!

'... that woman is as subtle as a rhinocerous horn up the backside...'

:D

Flo'

Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord, singing "Subtle plans are here again!

That one's a favourite of mine. :clap:

Blackadder :notworthy: :notworthy: :thumbs:

Another fav....... 'I only smoke after s*x.....................40 a day' :devil::lol:

Oh goody - a Blackadder thread. :) Blackadder is the best comedy series of all time, in my very humble opinion. It just got better and better with each series and Blackadder Goes Forth was sheer perfection. :thumbs:

Three of my favourite quotes:

I'd rather spend a night up a ladder in no man's land smoking endless cigars through a luminous balaclava.

I'd rather have my tongue hammered wafer thin with a meat tenderiser and stapled to the floor with a croquet hoop.

Who's using the family brain cell at the moment, Baldrick ?

K x

Baldrick, does it have to be this way? Our valued friendship ending with me cutting you up into strips and telling the prince that you walked over a very sharp cattle grid in an extremely heavy hat?

Baldrick, does it have to be this way? Our valued friendship ending with me cutting you up into strips and telling the prince that you walked over a very sharp cattle grid in an extremely heavy hat?

Ooohhh, I could sooo turn that one around a bit and use it as an insult:

Annoying person: Well what do you want me to do?

Sweet innocent mumble (;)): Take a walk over a very sharp cattle grid in an extremely heavy hat :whistle:

The image is similar (with apologies to dog lovers) of the one I drew in A Level physics of what would happen if a car which had a loose dog in the boot and one of those wire squared dog guards had to break suddenly ... :sick: :sick:

The image is similar (with apologies to dog lovers) of the one I drew in A Level physics of what would happen if a car which had a loose dog in the boot and one of those wire squared dog guards had to break suddenly ... :sick: :sick:

But did you pass the exam...or get reported to the RSPCA? :devil: