Nic m

Hi everybody

Hi everybody!

I haven't been around for a while, i have popped in the odd time for a look but didn't post.

I needed to not focus on Aspergers for a while if that makes sense?

Anyway i wanted to come on and and give a wee update on our lives of late, and i hope it will make some of you smile.

There have been so many positives that i can't believe how good things are just now, and just how different it feels to a couple of years ago.

My darling daughter was discharged yesterday from the paed clinic after nearly 7 years of attending.......... the reason... she no longer needs medicine to control her bowels!!!!

We are both so happy.

This was something that had the potential to happen a wee while ago but was delayed due to some negativity from my daughters old school.

The impact of changing my daughter's school just over a year ago has had an amazing effect on both our lives.

It has had a knock on effect in every area, so we are very happy.

My daughter is growing, gaining weight, enjoying life, and making friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I no longer have to get up through the night to help her or change bedding, or comfort her.

We both sleep through the night, eat better enjoy activities and have time to do fun things again.

I am telling this because i want to give hope to anyone who is struggling just now.

A few years ago i was at my lowest ebb and finding this forum was fabulous, and it helped me a great deal.

The strain of the last year was very difficult for me to deal with and i needed to take a breather to get all my ducks in a row again.

There are so many other things i could say but don't want to go on too much.

So to all of you struggling to cope just now, i hope this gives you a wee bit of hope.

My daughter is well, she is coping with school, and she has been out with friends a few times over the holidays.

these are things i feared would not happen............this makes me joyful.

There are still difficult times but right now they feel more like moments in time rather than one long battle.

Take care

Love

Nic xx

Yay! :thumbs: Waydago >:D<<'> :notworthy:

Glad to hear all your ducks are in a row again (!) and so much good stuff has been happening for your littlun.

Not focusing on Aspergers for a while... Very important, that. Sometimes it gets so all encompassing you can only see that one big tree and none of the surrounding wood. Taking a step back bring much more into the picture, and it can look a lot less daunting and generally brighter for that small change. :)

:D

Great news Nic. When you're in the middle of difficult times it feels like nothing will ever change. So glad to hear that you're daughter's doing so well. :)

K x

Thank you everyone!

My lovely girl is out playing tonight as i type this.

It has been a long road with more than a few bumps on the way, but things feel good just now.

Its amazing the difference good schooling makes, and i hope everyone gets to feel this soon.

N x

Lovely news Nic :D

i needed to take a breather to get all my ducks in a row again.

Never heard that before - like it! :lol: :lol:

Hi Nic,

Deciding to change schools causes a tide of emotions. But once its done and your child is in a school that are willing to help and work with the child, than the results are fantastic.

So if any one is considering changing from an unfriendly ASD school to anthoner school please take notice of what Nic as said.

Our children are capable of so much but they can only achieve this when they are happy.

Hiya Nic,

Sooooo great to hear from you and I am so pleased stuff is going so well for you and your daughter.

Do keep in touch.

Clare x x x

Thank you Elun,

Mumble i like it too!

Lynne you are so right it has made the biggest difference of all!

Clare, thank you. i hope you still get the funnies i send .

N x