Sign in to follow this  
Sooze2

Son away for the night with Daddy and........

The girls and I have had a lovely day! I took them swimming this afternoon and we had to cross 4 roads one after the other............ it was so easy! Swimming was a dream, no stress at all because no one was saying it was rubbish/too cold/too noisy/nothing to do in here! We went to town afterwards, came home and discovered DH had taken the last loo roll with him so we had to go out again and walk to the shops - no stress/no tantrum despite very sore tired little legs. We had a picnic in the front room for tea, no mess. I put them to bed, they went to sleep straight away. No one said mummy mummy mummy mummy mummy, no one whistled, hummed, picked their nose till it nearly fell off, hit, pushed, bickered, etc. I didn't raise my voice once all day!

Once a year DS goes and helps DH set up the caravan for our holiday and once a year I have a day like this with my daughters. It has been so lovely. Now I feel guilty for wishing we had a few more days. :devil:

Sorry a pointless post but I needed to tell someone who won't make me feel guilty for enjoying the quietness.

snooze >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Dont feel guilty, enjoy enjoy it while its lasts, the only thing is it makes you realise how hard life is, and what a slog it is, a friend took mine out swimming for 3 hours yesterday, as she knows we are really struggling at the moment, the difference was incredible, we walked to the park and shops and pottered round the garden and it was so unstressful, if thats a real word! later when he came back, he had a major meltdown, wont bore you with the details, but you know what I mean, my friend has said she will take him out each thursday in the hols, an I am just going to try to enjoy/relish those few hours and not feel guilty :tearful: I really will try. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> to you, you are soo not alone. Enid

Exactly, it does make you realise what family life can be like.

We have an appointment on the 12th with his consultant, just me and DH and I am so worried that she will say he is fine and I have munchhousens (spelling is BAD) because at the last appointment she saw him on his own and all she said when they came out was that he passed all the tests, looked very sternly at me and showed us out!

Anyway huge >:D<<'> coming your way, from reading your posts a mojour meltdown ain't good for you Enid. I hope things have settled down now,

I worry about that badly spelt word!! too, mine sits there like a little lamb at CAHMS or refuses to speak. I am sure they think I am one of these hopeless mums that cant cope. :tearful: Enid

Mine speeks bu the's so cocky about everything. When I say about a meltdown he's had oversomething trivial he smirks and agrees when she asks him if he did. He sits there with one arm over the back of the chair swinging the chair back and forth and smiling, he's got so cocky. He loves one to one so he will do really well at any test as he's bright, any attention from anyone is what he wants. At school he is now refusing to write at all and his poor teacher was looking into getting funding for a laptop for him tosee if that will make him do some work - but a couple of weeks ago passed a writing test at CHAMs with flying colours! So frustrating :wallbash:

Edited by Sooze2

Lovely at home! just starting to be difficult at school, when I look back though, I never left him anywhere, kids clubs or after school activities as I did the others, he got much more difficult at school the older he got and was excluded permantly just after his 11th birthday, it was an awful time, his behaviour at home wasnt TOOO bad at the time but since christmas, just before he was to start his new special school, after being out of school for 18 months, he is virtually uncontrollable at times. God know where it will all end. Enid