Sign in to follow this  
biff

Advice

Does anyones child pace around a lot? He has been doing it more often recently and when I ask him he just says because he likes doing it.

Fair enough! But do you think something might be bothering him and thats why he is doing it? He will be busy doing something and them seem to forget what he is doing, jump up and start pacing down the hall into the kitchen and back again and he will repeat this over and over.

I just hope nothing is bothering him. :unsure:

Yes, my eldest paces - helps him concentrate, I think, when he's talking, like pulling on blu-tac as well.

But he is pacing a lot more at the mo, because he's extremely anxious and not coping well at all. But it is a different kind of pacing, if you get what I mean - more flappy. He's not in a very good 'place' at the moment. :(

Biff, my daughter does this when she is bored or frustrated, but it may be different for your child.

it helps to calm her when she is frustrated but when she is bored she gets restless and it is usually a sign that i need to do something to get her to concentrate on something, this activity will not last long and she will tire easily afterwards.

hope this helps,

N x

My son does this for two reasons. One because he likes the way it makes him feel and when he is anxious. I know when it is due to anxiety as it is more intense and he makes a noise which he does not do when it is for enjoyment.

Yes!!!! Mike does it and he does lots of flapping as well. usually when he is bored or anxious. He is never still!!!! :whistle:

From what I have gathered its just excitement! If he gets excited he puts down whatever he has been playing with and starts walking around!

He has started chewing his clothes more often now, seem the chewing gum never worked!