retro chic

oi oi, lurker finally saying hello

hello,i joined a couple of weeks ago, and i really must look on the jargon buster more :whistle:

didnt say hello sooner as my son, whos 4 years 10 months didnt get a diagnosis til end of july.

but he`s now diagnosed with aspergers syndrome, paeditrician said the points on the DISCO came out that he had mild aspergers. communication he scored 11, cut off point was 10, (speech threapy said he`s above and beyond his years, yet pschylogist said opposite :unsure: , knowing my boy, personally i think the speech threapist is correct, he says "big" words in context with understanding)

deffinatly more naff with social skills, but like she said being politically correct youve either got to diagnose aspergers or not (as opposed to calling it mild)

and upon her observations at pre school, if they hadnt of pointed out which child to see, she`d of known, she did say she could of repeated the disco in a few months, but as my gorgeous baby is starting primary school in sept, i wanted a report, so they can apply for aditional funding/statement etc

ive also got a beautiful daughter whos fastly coming up for 10 years old, a fab boyfriend :thumbs:

and a ex husband (the kids dad) :wacko: whom seems to be in denial that our son has AS, he only has contact 1 weekend a month (his choice) and has turned down attending any of the appointments with proffessionals or school :wallbash: so is kept informed via reports

my boy is deffinatly a geek boy with memory, numbers and letters. you read a book once, he knows it word for word second time, or he can see a numberplate on a car, turn his back and he remembers it, i did number flash cards with him the other day, and he could read numbers 1 too 10 written in words in any random order, ie four, seven, three, made me very proud!