Kathryn

Off to Edinburgh tomorrow

Off to Scotland tomorrow, to the Edinburgh Fringe, to perform in a children's show,( a fairly liberal adaptation of Alice in Wonderland). And then to join the rest of the family in a cottage in Perthshire for another week. :)

Think of me at 5 am on Sunday when we have our first and only technical rehearsal before the first show at 11 am. :hypno::hypno: Strong coffee will be required, I think.

This will be L's first family holiday with us for four years. Fingers crossed it goes OK. :pray:

It's going to be an eventful two weeks, I feel!

Take care all,

K x

Ooh, good luck! We want pics of the performance, please!!

You'll love perthshire, lots of good things to do and see. Wishing you all great larks and oodles of fun!

Esther x

Kathryn

Good luck for Sunday. You are very very brave! How 'liberal' is this adaptation???

Have a great time.

Flo' :D

Have fun :thumbs:

Mr p will be green with envy when I tell him, he's currently rehearsing Rebecca at the mo but it will go no further than off off off off off Broadway (our church hall)!

Have a brilliant time. I was born in Edinburgh and my Mum and Dad are driving up there to see family as I write this. My other lot all live in Perth. Small world!!

Say hello to my Mum and Dad for me.

love Lorainexx

Back again - the best two weeks I've had in years, for different reasons. :)

Why did I never discover Edinburgh till now??? It's brilliant (and so are the other bits of Scotland that we managed to see - :) ).

Re the Fringe: getting up at 3.30 am on the first morning to move in and rehearse was a bit surreal but we survived: although the cast outnumbered the audience on the first day. :rolleyes: Self promotion is what the Fringe is all about, so we had to spend a lot of time handing out fliers and performing bits of the show on the Royal Mile to attract passers by (that was the really scary bit!). Towards the end of the week we had better audiences. (Flora - the dialogue and characters were recogniseably Lewis Carroll but it was set in a school with all the characters as pupils or teachers. It worked. Sort of. :lol: ).

As our show was in the morning we had a lot of free time and so I overdosed on theatre - like a child with a jar of sweeties - helped by getting complimentary tickets to a lot of shows. :) I was amazed by some of the creative stuff I saw and also humbled - as in - what am I doing here??? I feel so lucky to have had this experience.

The second week was also good. It was our first holiday with L in 4 years, and during the last one she was in a very bad way psychologically. :( This time it was so different. I was worried she wouldn't like Edinburgh at all and so I'd booked the cottage in a quieter area, and didn't expect her to come and see me in Edinburgh, but she loved the city so much we had to go back there twice after the show week was over! So much for my plans...The girl who hates crowds and usually avoids the theatre wandered on her own up and down the busy Royal Mile and went on her own to three plays of her own choosing. :o I couldn't believe it. She also climbed Arthur's seat with me. There were a couple of tensions and stresses during the two weeks but nothing like we expected.

A great time - over all too soon. :) I want to go again :crying:

(Hope "Rebecca" goes well - break a leg Mr. P ! :thumbs:)

K x

Kathryn, so glad to hear you had a good time. I lived in Scotland for 3 years and my youngest son was born there, so I have an affection for it!

The girl who hates crowds and usually avoids the theatre wandered on her own up and down the busy Royal Mile and went on her own to three plays of her own choosing.

This doesn't surprise me at all... there is something about the city that does that... can't put my finger on what exactly, maybe the castle overlooking it all or something...

Well done for the fringe... will you go back next year??

Flo' :D

Well done for the fringe... will you go back next year??

I'd love to go back next year (and L definitely would!). It takes a lot of money, time and commitment to take a show to the Fringe though, so I don't think our little group will have the resources to do it again soon. So if I go, it will have to be as a spectator only.

K x

Glad you had a fabby time...I went to the Fringe when I was 17. The only things I remember are the lumi-wotsit tunnel like the one Tally posted about at Autscape, and watching a group called Pookiesnackenburger!

Bid :)

Edited by bid

Only just seen this thread, i wish i'd have known you were coming (i'd have baked a cake!!! Lol) i would've come to see you!!! Well done your daughter on going up \and down the Royal mile festival time it's unbelievably busy, quite daunting for anyone so she did extremely well!! :notworthy:

Arthurs seat, it's something else isn't it? having an extinct volcano right in the middle of the city (well, the volcano was there first, and the city came after with the Castle being built on the Volcanic rock) It would have been lovely to have met up but hopefully next year if you come back i can show you some more of the sights if you like. There's a couple of us girls here who meet up now and again for pizza and a natter, would be fab to have a get together!

Glad you enjoyed it and well done on the Play,it does take a lot of guts- quite an achievment!! :thumbs:

Kirstie,

Yes it would be lovely to meet up. :)

I definitely will be back, as I only saw a fraction of what I wanted to see. You're so lucky to live in such a wonderful place with so much going on.

K x

Kathryn,

I love this City- it is amazing and the buildings are stunning as well as the castle. I have never seen one that compares lol!

Pm me anytime you are coming, would love to meet up!