Sign in to follow this  
biff

Alarming

After reading some of the troubles a lot of you have had getting a diagnosis, I can't believe the incompetence of some of the health authorities you have had to deal with. Mine seemed pretty clued up and it went smoothly despite taking a bit longer than it should have. I can't believe how inconsistent it is from one health service to the next.

It needs addressing and the NHS as a whole need to follow the same guidelines and procedures so everyone gets the same fair treatment when having their children assessed.

It is hard enough to go through, trying to explain it to your family when going through the assessment process, I shudder to think what it must be like dealing with such unsupportive health 'professionals'

It seems ASD is often overlooked and there seems to be a big shortfall in parts of the country within the health service. Disgraceful.

After reading some of the troubles a lot of you have had getting a diagnosis, I can't believe the incompetence of some of the health authorities you have had to deal with. Mine seemed pretty clued up and it went smoothly despite taking a bit longer than it should have. I can't believe how inconsistent it is from one health service to the next.

It needs addressing and the NHS as a whole need to follow the same guidelines and procedures so everyone gets the same fair treatment when having their children assessed.

It is hard enough to go through, trying to explain it to your family when going through the assessment process, I shudder to think what it must be like dealing with such unsupportive health 'professionals'

It seems ASD is often overlooked and there seems to be a big shortfall in parts of the country within the health service. Disgraceful.

I do so agree with you. My experience was awful. I just wish I had the time to do something about it. I might sometime. We could be such a strong force all us parents together.

i also agree ,,as we have already been seeking help for 2 years??? and nothing!!!!!!! last week little one had to go back,,,,,when i showed the paed the video evidence i had she has decided now to re-refer him to the pad team again????????? so i am starting from the beginning all over?????????? she seems to think that he is showing signs of adhd and also as,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at last ,,totally useless pad team??? didnt give paed any info from meetings and so on,,,,,, even told me im lookin for it????????

Definatly-been asking for help with my ds since he was 3 n finally got them to look into it when he turned 8!!!!!