Sign in to follow this  
fiorelli

Equasym XL 30mg and Risperdal 1mg

Hiya, just wondering if anyone knew the side effects of Equasym XL and Risperdal.

Just wondering if L's irritability, 'I can't do it' thought and moods, constant hunger (or at least saying he is), and major meltdowns between 2.30pm and 5.00pm could be down to these. Have a CAMHS appointment on Thursday, so will check with them, but wondered what your thoughts are on these meds. Thanks.

Thanks Simon, unfortunately, the box went into school with L with his meds for the week, and didn't come back home so I don't have the information leaflet. (Does anyone know a way around the fact that school want his meds in the original box leaving me with loose meds as they don't send the boxes back home?)

fiorelli we have this with work,we now send meds to dc in the original box but in a tupperware box labelled with the name,,,,,,also the tupperware box has a note written on it askin for box to be returned,,,,we also send photocopies of the patient information leaflet so that we always have the original to refer to,,,,,,jo

I've posted a thread the other day about Respiradol. Z's has had to be stopped ASAP as iwas messing about with her blood pressure. She was complaining of feeling dizzy all the time.

Maybe L will b better on it

All the Best

Zosmum

Thanks for those Simon.

As a bit of an update, we had L's CAMHS appointment today. To say she was shocked/unhapppy is an understatement. :(

Basically, she explained it to us that L IS manageable at home (in that we can and ARE managing him), but that his mood swings are such that what we are doing are not having any impact. She has increased his meds (50mg Equasym, 0.5mg Risperdal in morning + 1mg at night,) and has also prescribed melatonin (again - he had it before but it stopped working -, but a bigger dose - 6mg) to help him sleep.

She is really concerned and confused at the levels at which L eats (we went in with a food diary) and the fact that he has only put on a minimal amount of weight since the last appointment despite all the food. She is making a referral to a paediatrician for testing.

Oh, and we have another CAMHS appointment in a months time (they are usually 6 mths inbetween).

Oh, and we've had a really 'interesting' afternoon since the appointment....

Oh Joy Of Joys!

Hi, my lad is on 30mg equasym twice a day, and 1mg resperidol twice a day, he too has major meltdowns, but usually about 6 to 7 ish, tomorrow he is starting on Stratatta, think thats spelt wrong! and is to come off the equasym at the rate of 10mgs a week, he has been great these last 3 weeks so am now really worried about changing meds! will keep you posted. Enid