Sign in to follow this  
pookie170

Oh, Clever Me!!!

I've actually gone and done it, I'm rather proud of myself and feel justified in it!!

I've been cigarette free for 2 weeks, 2 days and a few hours now!!

:thumbs:

Heheh, it's saving me a fortune! And my big sister can't get all sanctimonious on me now, woohoo!!

I AM having the oddest dreams though, in which giant cigarettes feature heavily, and the most realistic dream sequences of me smoking them... I blame that advert on the tellybox, all those people dressed up as cigs, fleeing the dastardly Nicotine patches!

Just had to share my achievement!!

Esther x

I just need to convince my girlfriend to give up!!

Ive banned her from ever smoking inside my house even if its raining!!!

I tried justifying it on financial grounds as she is almost a 20 a day smoker which is over �2000 a year!!!!

I manged to wien her off red bull as she was drinking 8-10 cans a DAY!! :o She was buying it in local shops per can rather than bulk buy at supermarkets and it worked out over �4000 a year!!!!!!

not good for someone on benefits with 2 kids as it was almost 50% money on redbull and cigarettes!!!!!! :o

I just need to convince my girlfriend to give up!!

Ive banned her from ever smoking inside my house even if its raining!!!

I tried justifying it on financial grounds as she is almost a 20 a day smoker which is over �2000 a year!!!!

I manged to wien her off red bull as she was drinking 8-10 cans a DAY!! :o She was buying it in local shops per can rather than bulk buy at supermarkets and it worked out over �4000 a year!!!!!!

not good for someone on benefits with 2 kids as it was almost 50% money on redbull and cigarettes!!!!!! :o

That is crazy! Can save a fortune just in buying a brand that isn't redbull such as kick (certain supermarket beginning with Ts version). I was drinking 3-5 cans a day at �1.15 a can compared to the 24p cans of kick I buy now. :lol:

I know its crazy :lol: on questioning my girlfriend comes up with the explanation that people in NI its normal to do such things!!

Its not as crazy as the fashion branded clothes she buys for her 18 month old!!! insane when it costs her 4/5 times as much as high street normal clothes shops /supermarket kids clothes. Tried explaining theres a difference between GOOD quality clothes at good prices and cheap trash!!! her explanation is that in NI everyones a "label queen" and you wouldnt dare wear high street or supermarket clothes on a baby let alone an adult!! dont know if thats reality or just her perceptions!!!

I know its crazy :lol: on questioning my girlfriend comes up with the explanation that people in NI its normal to do such things!!

Its not as crazy as the fashion branded clothes she buys for her 18 month old!!! insane when it costs her 4/5 times as much as high street normal clothes shops /supermarket kids clothes. Tried explaining theres a difference between GOOD quality clothes at good prices and cheap trash!!! her explanation is that in NI everyones a "label queen" and you wouldnt dare wear high street or supermarket clothes on a baby let alone an adult!! dont know if thats reality or just her perceptions!!!

your gf = crazy. Especially considering how quick a baby grows! How does she even afford all that??

I've actually gone and done it, I'm rather proud of myself and feel justified in it!!

I've been cigarette free for 2 weeks, 2 days and a few hours now!!

:thumbs:

Heheh, it's saving me a fortune! And my big sister can't get all sanctimonious on me now, woohoo!!

I AM having the oddest dreams though, in which giant cigarettes feature heavily, and the most realistic dream sequences of me smoking them... I blame that advert on the tellybox, all those people dressed up as cigs, fleeing the dastardly Nicotine patches!

Just had to share my achievement!!

Esther x

Well done Esther. :notworthy: It's not easy is it?

Flo' :D

Yay! Well done! :thumbs::thumbs:

I was stunned when i went to the fag kiosk in the supermarket to pay for one or two items and the person in front asked for a packet of fourteen (or was it sixteen?)...

I assume this is the tobacco industry's sneaky way of keeping pack prices below some startling price barrier - making packs smaller to hide the real cost... think of that - just how horribly your psychology is being manipulated - the next time you feel the urge...

The danger comes when you stop feeling you WANT to give up and that you'd just 'like' to give up - so stay angry and determined and it's actually easier than you think! (Not easy, but easi-er)...

Keep up the good work! :thumbs:

It's a bit weird, once I got past the first week, it's not really bothered me!!??!!

So doing good, but am honestly wondering if I'm getting help from another realm or something! :P

Must say though, I owe a chap who works in our local all-nite garage a big thank you. Nearly bought cigs on day 3, but he realised I was impaled on the hook of indecision, asked if I was trying to quit and spent 5 minutes persuading me not to cave in! If he hadn't stopped me, I'd still be puffin, I'm sure of it.

And my boys are so chuffed with me that I'd feel dreadful if I started again.....

Weird thing is, I feel worse now than I did when shmokin', but I've been assured that once I've coughed all the nasty stuff out, I'll be fine......

Eew......think I'll keep it to myself when that starts happening!

But thanks for your support, dudes and dudettes, it really helps!

Esther x