sadie

anyone else have trouble using those emoticons?

Think I'm NT (though may have a very few traits of AS ..who hasn't?) but I do find some of those emoticons darned difficult to figure...I sometimes spend so much time puzzling over the slightly more obscure ones that I decide to leave them out..in case I get it wrong and offend someone!! So here's an apology in advance... just in case. Thankfully DD's school has not asked me to help my DD with her work in recognition of emotions. Out of context I find some of it v. diff. And just how that Transporters stuff is supposed to help I just don't understand. (but that's just a personal opinion).

Do you mean the forum emoticons? Helpful hint: if you click show all, lots have explanations next to them.

I do remember a newbie using the rolleyes one for a bit when she meant to use a nice smile :lol: but nobody minded!

I've never found a use for :bat::police::banman1::bancomp: and :george::lol:

Is that not a paradoxical posting? - you have found a use, because you've just used them... :whistle::lol:

I've never found a use for :bat::police::banman1::bancomp: and :george::lol:

Maybe not but if ever a thread came up about The Village People, some of them look like they could come in handy :whistle:

Well :bancomp: has a use - only a few hours ago Neil was threatening me with it on one word association...

I, personally, prefer the far less subtle approach :fight::star:

Oh, oh, here come the :police: :police: (or village people) - gotta go... :lol: :lol:

Well :bancomp: has a use - only a few hours ago Neil was threatening me with it on one word association...

Only after extreme provocation - someone implied that I might be associated with geeks :banman1::shame:

Only after extreme provocation - someone implied that I might be associated with geeks :banman1::shame:

You think that's extreme?? - bwahahahahaha, you ain't going to know what's hit you :devil::fight::star::robot::shame:;):P

:police:

*runs*

You think that's extreme?? - bwahahahahaha, you ain't going to know what's hit you :devil::fight::star::robot::shame:;):P

:police:

*runs*

You'll know what hits you though when you get some good old fashioned British violence aimed at you :fight::star::devil:

You'll know what hits you though when you get some good old fashioned British violence aimed at you :fight::star::devil:

*Wibble* :tearful:

(:P)

How do you get them on iPhone? One popped up in a post today and I don't know how I did it? Means using old fashioned smiley :)