Sign in to follow this  
Zosmum

I'm soooo confused

I am so confused. At the end of the last school year we had a parents evening at Z's school and were told how well she was doing in school. She has a lot of lessons in the SENCO dept. Her maths teacher was apparently really pleased with the progress she was making. All said then WHY when she had some maths homework tonight was she back to 7+5 and 6+9.

Z is 12 and in year 8, mainstream school and doesn't seem to be progressing at all.

How do I find out, honestly, what progress (if any) she has made and if there is no progress what do I do??????

I am so worried as next year is her options year and then she'll be woking towards GCSE's, in which the SENCO reckons she will maybe be able to attain Grade E in her good subjects.

I am so confused. At the end of the last school year we had a parents evening at Z's school and were told how well she was doing in school. She has a lot of lessons in the SENCO dept. Her maths teacher was apparently really pleased with the progress she was making. All said then WHY when she had some maths homework tonight was she back to 7+5 and 6+9.

Z is 12 and in year 8, mainstream school and doesn't seem to be progressing at all.

How do I find out, honestly, what progress (if any) she has made and if there is no progress what do I do??????

I am so worried as next year is her options year and then she'll be woking towards GCSE's, in which the SENCO reckons she will maybe be able to attain Grade E in her good subjects.

I have edited first paragraph by myself!

I would request to see her results from the last couple of years and compare them, there is the route of independant assessments, or a request of a educational psychologist assessment from the LEA.

I would also write your concerns to the SEN department Manager, then if in the near future things begin to deteriate you have evidence that you raised concerns over your Zs SENs.

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

I would ask the teacher for an explanation.

It could be that the "new " teacher is setting every one some basic work to see how they get on, if anyone needs help to catch up. Don't jump to conclusions to quickly.

Ask your self, how did your daughter get on doing this home work. That will give you some of the answers.

Chris.

Hi chris54

The worst part of this is she has the same teacher as last year.

And the homework.........She didn't do well at all. Most of heranswers were wrong.

Are you sure the teacher had the right child in mind when talking to you last year. A friend of ours ended up with a report on the wrong child at parents evening. Another always carries a photo when seeing teachers to ensure they're all meaning the same person.