Sign in to follow this  
littlenemo

Parent Partner plea

Hi there

Just a short plea from the partner of a Parent Partner:

When you have help from Parent Partnership, and the final decision has been made, please get in touch to let them know the result. They aren't part of the beaurocracy, just volunteers trying to help, so they aren't told the results officially.

If you've lost, they'll help you with the next step, if you've won (which is usually the case), it's nice to share the clebration with someone who cares.

Boxes of chocs and/or flowers aren't compulsory... ;)

This was triggered by my partner spending all yesterday working on a case, only to be told this morning that they'd won. 5 weeks ago.

Thank you

:end of public service annoncement:

Hi littlenemo,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, although I would have thought that the Parent Partnership Officer who IS paid by the LEA should have this information and should have kept the volunteer independent parental supporter informed.

Nellie xx

Hi nellie

Yes, you would have thought so, wouldn't you? In all other respects, the local PP have been brilliant.

It's easy to forget in the avalanche of beaurocracy that comes with appeals, tribunals, etc. that (from my experience) PP's tend to get personally involved with cases, unlike most of the paper-pushers you have to deal with.

The important thing is that it was another success against BudgetcutsRUs, the local privatised LEA. :thumbs:

Keep fighting the good fight

nemo