Sign in to follow this  
Flora

head split open at school

I was called to pick Ben up early from school because he'd split his head open.

The story he tells makes absolutely no sense (won't go into details would take too long to type).

All the teachers know is that he was brought in from outside to the office by a bunch of other kids with blood pouring out of 2 gashes at the front/side of his head.

The school rang me later to say that they are getting all the kids who were there to write an account of what they saw, because the teachers couldn't get anything out of Ben, and the story he told me has changed 3 times and sounds like he's making it up!

He's quite happy, doesn't seem distressed and is fine apart from the two ugly gashes on the side of his head. Because of where they are it's impossible to dress them so I'm keeping him off tomorrow until a proper scab forms.

What a worry!

Flo'

Edited by Flora

flo i sympathise with u all the way,,i know exactly how u are feelin cos blaine had a nasty bump at school last xmas,which left him with 2 major fractures,,,i wont go into it cos u probly seen my posts bout it,,,,,,i hope u get info from school cos they seem to like to cover things up big time,, i hope he is ok and not suffering too much xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx jo

OH lordy, hope he is feeling ok this evening, what a worry not knowing what has happened, did he clash heads with someone, or walk into something?Hope you can get to the bottom of it tomorrow, best wishes and hugs suzex.

Blimey - what a to-do!

As a young man I cut my head open a couple of times without knowing how I did it, but all the evidence suggested I'd fallen over a garden wall or something on my way home from the pub! :lol::lol: I'm guessing that's not got anything to do with Ben's current bumps, but perhaps he was victim of a sugar high from the tuckshop which had a similar effect :)

Hope he's all patched up for the morning, and you get some answers about the hows and why's etc.

Once he's developed the scab tell him not to pick it our it'll never go away... If he leaves it alone it'll disappear like magic - Scabracadabra! :oops:

:D

Hi Flo'

Hope things are looking better this morning

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> for Ben

and for you

Edited by Zosmum

Well, I guess the good thing is that he's pretty cool about it all - it would be so much worse if he was angry or upset about it.

Hope he's OK today.

Karen

x

Hi

What a shame and a worry. Your instinct is to ask 'why?' and it's incredibly unsettling when you don't get any. My son is exactly the same in that when asked what happened, the story changes leaving me even more perplexed! Good that the school has asked the other kids to write an account. Hopefully you'll get some answers.

I genuinely believe that we parents often go through absolute turmoil worrying about our kids, while the kids are oblivious. Glad kiddo doesn't seem too distressed.

Caroline.

Hiya suze,

He's fine today. The injury is horrible... covers quite a large area (big deeply grazed area and a split about inches long) with lots of bruising.

He is sticking to his story... which is that he saw some older boys with a great big iron hoop, he went to see what it was and then started to walk away back to where he'd been before and the hoop rolled towards him and hit him on the head... This is why it doesn't make sense because going by his story it should have hit him on the back of the head!

I still haven't heard back from the school if anyone else has come forward with a different story. I don't think he's hiding anything sinister though.

anyway, he's fine and the injury is healing nicely... even if it does look horrid... thankfully it's covered by his hair so won't be visible if there's a scar.

Floz xx