Sign in to follow this  
Diane

Grrrrrrrrr!!!!

Hi All

Just having a minor grumble.

DS has been trying really hard going to school most days and along to his apprenticeship. School had a day trip for the year 10's which we knew about not because a letter came home but because I looked on the website. In the letter it said for those children not going on the school trlip there would be normal lessons. I talked to DS about this and he was fine. Except this morning he was hiding in his quilt and refused to tell his dad why he was not going and told his dad to ask me. I could not think why he would not go in so I went and spoke to him the conversation went something along the lines of

DS: you know why I won't go.

Mum: I don't

DS: You do

Mum: can you remind me I.

DS: Because of the school Art trip

Mum: We spoke about this and you were ok

DS: I have Art and I do not what is happening.

The penny finally drops yes his lesson are as normal but his art teacher is on the trip so that lesson will be different.

I popped into school and asked the question that no one seemed to know the answer to. Eventually they found out that he had to go to the LS room where they had some art work for him to do. They could not tell me how many other children or who would be supervising.

I explained all this to DS when I got home and bless him he went to school. I was so suprised because normally when something like this happens he refuses to go. it just goes to show how hard he is trying this year.

I have to ask the question why on earth did no one explain this to him at school. It would have saved him having an anxiety attack and hiding in his quilt. You all know the effort that goes into getting our kids to see that things being different does not mean it is all going to go wrong.

We have a meeting on the 24th so I will raise this with them then. No serious harm done. It just could have so easily been avoided.

It is amazing how much better one can feel after having a grumble.

It feels good. :)