Sign in to follow this  
baddad

Goodbye... and hello again...

Hem Hem...

Laydeez and gentlemen, after much consideration I have decided to step down as a forum moderator. Significant changes in my life mean I now have the time and opportunity for other things, and I'd like to make the most of that.

This is not a 'snap' decision - I have for some months been planning to take a big step back from modding, but recent developments have highlighted for me just how much the forum has changed and just how negatively that has affected my feelings about modding on it, particularly as demands for mods to supress their own views on autism have risen.

I have, in recent months, been unhappy to see a small but very vocal number of members 'unofficially' modding the forum by derailing threads and topics that offer any alternative perspectives to their own. As a moderator, I have often found myself unable to speak openly about that. I am greatly looking forward to the opportunity to express my views on the forum without attracting unfair allegations that impact on the rest of the modding team. I'm additionally looking forward to being able to do that to my time-table, rather than one which is forced upon me. I'll be leaving the 2.30 am shift to Kathryn (the woman never sleeps! I think she may be Maggie Thatcher in disguise ;)) from now on.

I'd like to thank the rest of the modding team for all of their support over the years. They are a great group of people, and given the opportunity they will keep the forum on the middle ground I firmly believe it needs to occupy. Unfortunately, as in any situation where views are polarised, both 'wings' tend to see their own perspectives as the middle ground, and as a consequence the mods often end up playing piggy in the middle in exchanges that become increasingly hostile. Give 'em some space - they'll see you right :)...

Right, that's me done and dusted. See you on the boards for some open and honest debate :)

L&P (as always)

BD

:D

baddad,

Well you know I didn't want you to go.... but really looking forward to some interesting discussions now that you don't have other responsibilites on the forum :D

Good luck with all your planned endeavours in r/l too.

Flozza >:D<<'> xxx

I am looking forward to slapping you down and keeping you firmly in your place! :whistle: :whistle:

Seriously, thanks for all you have done, there's going to be a big gap to fill in the moderating team.

Simon

oh what is this I hear :o ...............does this mean the Batcave will re-surface :devil: ..........I think that there are quite a few new members who won,t know what the heck is going on in there...........who knows you may be able to get some new members in your infamous de-briefing room under false pretences.

...........ooh I can,t wait :clap: ..........clap slap thigh fnar fnar and all that :bounce::bounce: rock on!

I'll be leaving the 2.30 am shift to Kathryn (the woman never sleeps! I think she may be Maggie Thatcher in disguise ;)) from now on.

Maggie Thatcher?!! :o

Clear out of the way everyone, so I can hit him with my handbag!!

:fight:

:shame:

It's been good working with you too. I look forward to the shiny new "unsuppressed" BD with interest - and trepidation.

:ph34r::D>:D<<'>

K x ;)

Edited by Kathryn

Sorry to see you go...................

...................Welcome to the Forum.

:)

~ Mel ~

Edited by oxgirl

I am sad to lose you as a mod, I have always respected your ability to moderate when things are getting fraught - but I am especially sad with why it has happened.

I think it is sad that we can become so fractured as a forum, rather than united around our common issues.

But welcome to the role of commoner. :whistle:

Ooohhh! Cant wait for the new "uncensored" Baddad. I know how you feel though, moderating is a pretty thankless task, you cant please all the people all of the time.

We fellow minions welcome you.

Loraine xx

What is this.No longer moderating but roaming around in the background on your own terms looking for trouble.....it is a dreadful idea...can't think of anyone else who does that. :D;)>:D<<'> >:D<<'> I think you have served your time and are due some freedom. :devil:

Feel free to join me in some trouble.

Mossgrove....I will be visiting the Forum regularly as I cannot wait to see you attempting to keep BD firmly in place. :thumbs::devil: Karen.

Nah, Smiley, BD's a long-term resident of that particular establishment!! :P

Yeah, pookie, and you should know because you started it!!! :lol:

Floz :D xx