Sign in to follow this  
jewel

DLA

Hi

My son dx with aspergers last week..I already get DLA lower rate care and lower rate mobility as he has a hearing loss i got this when he was 5yrs old..now his circumstances have changed(dx with aspergers too) and the older hes getting his problems are more apparant. would it be worth my while to ask for a review? Son is 8yrs old and i will need to reclaim when hes nearly 10yrs.

Thank you

Edited by jewel

I would certainly go for it. I know that this means you could risk loosing what you have got now but I think that that would be unlikely given the new diagnosis.

Cat

Hi

We were awarded DLA prior to my son's diagnosis and I didn't feel the DX would make any difference to the award. However, in your son's circumstances, because he now has a DX and the fact that it's now becoming much more obvious, definitely make it worthwhile contacting DWP detailing the change in circumstances.

C.

I would seek further advice from National Autistic Society as they have a welfare right support service now,

Also the place I got some excellent information from was from CONTACT A FAMILY, and OAASIS, I am only saying this because its all done by computer now, scanned for spersific words ect... even though Our children are real the operater isnt.

I would therefor get support.

Another good place is your local Aspergers Syndrome support group.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE REASSESSMENT.

JsMum

I

Also the place I got some excellent information from was from CONTACT A FAMILY, and OAASIS, I am only saying this because its all done by computer now, scanned for spersific words ect... even though Our children are real the operater isnt.

I would therefor get support.

Another good place is your local Aspergers Syndrome support group.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE REASSESSMENT.

JsMum

That is so absolutley tragic!!!! We write all this personal information on our children and its not even read by a real person!!!! I give up. Enid

That is so absolutley tragic!!!! We write all this personal information on our children and its not even read by a real person!!!! I give up. Enid

I was told this by someone else, Its aparently a new thing, Im sure a actual human being also assesses it too but what I was told was that its goes throw a computer and its scanned for spersific words, Im sorry if this information is incorrect, but it was said to me.

JsMum