Sign in to follow this  
Leesa

Hi

Hi, I am Leesa. I am the proud mother of 3 beautiful boys, Jude who is 11 months, Beck who is 2 and a half and Kaeleb who is 8. Kaeleb was diagnosed with asperger's 2 weeks ago. I was prepared for this and expected it, but I guess that although I knew this deep down, the dx still came as a shock. I am however glad to say that after the initial wait to see the team at yorkhill Kaeleb was diagnosed after one meeting. This is not my first visit to this site, infact i have been aware of it for a few months and it has been a great source of information for me. Its just good to know that there are other families just like mine out there. I am extremely proud of Kaeleb and have seen him do things over the summer that I never thought he would, like playing outside with other children albeit on his terms. I have also seen that he has great leadership skills .(even if they are more in the dictatorial fashion) We have been on a rollercoaster of ups and downs over the past 8 years and his behaviour can be really challenging, but he surprises me everyday. He is so vibrant I wouldn't have him any other way.

Hi Leesa,

Good to meet you: welcome to the forum :)

Glad to hear your son had a fairly straightforward route to diagnosis, as you've probably noticed from people's experiences, it isn't always the case! It'll take time to sink in, even if you were expecting it.

Lots of support to be had on here from people who've been in a similar position,

K x

Hi Leesa Welcome to the Forum.

I have Ben who has Asperger's Syndrome.He was Dx today although I have been around here just a bit.

I understand the rollercoaster very well. :) Karen.

Hi Leesa,

Good to meet you: welcome to the forum :)

Glad to hear your son had a fairly straightforward route to diagnosis, as you've probably noticed from people's experiences, it isn't always the case! It'll take time to sink in, even if you were expecting it.

Lots of support to be had on here from people who've been in a similar position,

K x

Yes, I know. We have been very lucky. We live in the catchment for the national autism centre and the whole process couldn't have been any easier.

Hi, leesa

I have a 5 year old son, dx with high functioning autism last year. I can certainly identify with the 'rollercoaster', but I would't have him any other way either.

Nicky >:D<<'> >:D<<'>