Sign in to follow this  
bikemad

Had a gutsful...

Last appointment ds had the bloke said next appointment would be to discuss n sort meds for adhd for ds cos he wants to sort that before the aspergers. So we plod back today and believe me ds is getting worse each day so I was so glad the appointment came...anyways the guy we saw before has moved to another hospital so we see a new cahms bloke....and he wants to start again from scratch n learn all bout ds but from what he sees he thinks it is a mix of ocd, aspergers, add and gawd cant even remember the last bit...he now wants a report off school even tho they sent one a few weeks ago to the other guy n I go back on my own in 6 weeks etcetc. He is anti meds if possible and asked was it that ds had problems or was it that cos I had depression I had bonding problems and couldnt cope!!!!!!! School have said o he is fine but we want him to see the behavior therapist. Im at the point of saying 'f&$k you all il do without the help n just plod along battling n grind myself into the ground....maybe thats what they want to happen before they beleive owt is wrong!!!!!

Had a gutsful of it all tbh. :wallbash:

Poor you. >:D<<'>

I would feel like you do if this were to happen to me I'd be so angry. I do not get why this new guy cannot use the evidence that has already been collated by the other chap you were seeing.

Do you think that some of these professionals realise that they are messing with peoples lives.

I don't really know what to say. Having to start again is just awful and so unfair. :wallbash:

Is it worth asking why he cannot use what information is already on file.

Thinking of you.

or was it that cos I had depression I had bonding problems and couldnt cope!!!!!!!

was the disorder you couldnt remember Reactive Attatchment Disorder? I think a lot of the symptoms are very similair to a child with Autism, it could be he is thinking about this, I researched this disorder and its treatments and methods would be really contridicting a child with already diagnosed AS and OCDs, I would be careful too as the treatments are cold and could cause considerable amount of stress and anxiety.

Im soo sorry you have had a really hard day and that your frustrated with the system, what about going private or searching other alternatives that actually give your son therapies and provisions.

Hope you get throw this orful day,

JsMum

Thats just ridiculous! you cant be expected to start again. we wait for these appointments and hang so much hope on them, I dont think "they" realise. hope you can sort it out. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Enid

He reckons he cant use the other guys info n reports etc cos that guy might have looked at it differently to how he will!!?? :rolleyes:

Nah it wasnt that jsmum is was 'something something' behavior something to do with the moods he has n how mad n grumpy he gets!?? Ive spoken to the other half bout going private yeah but tbh im not sure were I begin n how to do it if that makes sense.

Spoke to the head today n told her bout it n said look you want ds to have behaviour therapy n tel me he never listens never concentrates n wont work etc etc but you never put it on the reports so ive told the bloke n you got to put it in writting n told her when she has done that then il sign to give permission for the behaviour therapist to see ds...also told her how peed off I am with everyones lack of help etc so she apologized n said she will get the report sent in n tell them what he is like so maybe just maybe she might help!!!!!

O n the best bit the doc told me ds goes to bed TOO EARLY!!!!!! Ds shouldnt go upto the bedroom til 9.30pm earliest n dont turn all the stuff off til 10pm earliest. Result was eeerrr no change he still woke at 2am to check id locked the front door n noone had got in so unsure how in gods name it is meant to help????:unsure::wacko:

Sorry edited cos of rubbish spelling!!

Edited by bikemad

Hi bikemad

I sooo hate it when they change the person who got to know you and your child for someone new and you have to go right back to the start

Don't they realise how hard it is to have to go through the same thing over and over again

Hope the head does help for all your sakes

Was the "something something behaviour" mentioned along the lines of cognitive behaviour? ie learned behaviour Basically finger pointing. It's their way of saying that they learned the behaviour from you. Think a lot of us have had that kind of thing. I call it "they haven't got a clue so we'll say it's down to you" It's makes their job easier a load of old Bull**** really

Sorry bout the rant at the end but they get you sooo mad

Good Luck with it all

Zosmum

Don't give up you just got to keep banging on at them til they listen to what you're saying rather than reading between the lines and only hearing the bits that they want to hear

Blimey, you are having a time of it.. and yes I remember those days well.

Go back and ask for a copy of all your sons file notes, they should have sent you letters about each visit or is that just my neck of the woods they do that. Sometimes the drs get a bit freaked that you are wanting to check up on them so they might become a little more reasonable.

Short of phoning up the NAS and ask there opinion or do they have someone that can come with you on your next appointment so you are not bullied into that drs way of doing things. Its not fair that you should suffer because the old dr has gone to another area..

Maybe you could find out where the dr went to and call him to ask if he could have a word with the new dr because at the end of the day nothing is being done.

I do not know what else to say except that I think we have all been therev at some point so we know how frustrating and time wasting it is.

Shout and scream kick a few cardboard boxes (make sure they are empty at the time- I learnt the hard way !) and take a big breath and do as we always do, prepare for battle again.

But defo give NAS a ring as they are very supportive as are we on the site but Nas will have all the legal ins and outs of what your options are, be it private or whatever.

Good Luck

>:D<<'>

Oh yes meant to say I was told to remind the teachers of the governments every child matters policy.. This was helpful in my son's old school.

Edited by ksasnic

Well supposedly she has sent the report and put in it what she said. Ds was told off countless times again today for the same old thing as every other day...felt like telling the school 'dont tell me tell cahms' but bit my tongue!!!!!

That sounds along the lines off what he called it, basically it is cos ds gets horrendous moods n misbehaves due to them. :wacko:

It did feel like he basically felt it was my fault for being a useless mam who couldnt bring up her kid properly which made me mad cos everyone says what a good mam I am including the head teacher!!!!

Ive been already trying to do this reply for 10mins just to type the above cos he just wont leave me be n just wont do anything for 30seconds.

I actually screamed outloud the other day with it all...walked the dog up the mountain behind the house n at the top just screamed n cried with it all. Im seriously considering going private if this idiot is the same at the next visit in 6weeks. Not had any letters or owt off them so might ask for his notes to see what has been written so far actually. Ive got the NAS site in my favs list so might well give them a bell n see what they suggest.

Im just at the end of my tether...it is a nightmare haveing to cope with ds all the time n battle with him but now ive got to batle with cahms too. :wallbash:

The head has sent a report to the guy (this guy is at cahms) so im keeping fingers n toes crossed she has done as she said. :pray: