Sign in to follow this  
nellie

Election 2005: IPSEA launches campaign

Election 2005: ask your candidates to sign the pledges

IPSEA launched its campaign to end the scandal of children with special needs being denied the help at school to which they are legally entitled by winning support from three parliamentary candidates the day after the election was called. But IPSEA needs your help to sign up more candidates.

You can download the pledges for your candidates. Please let IPSEA know when you get a candidate to sign and they will post their names on their web site. contact by email: chris.ipsea@intamail.com

They would like signed pledges posted to the address on the bottom of the pledge.

http://www.ipsea.org.uk/pledges.htm

Hi Nellie.

I have printed a copy but need to know what to do with it once it's been signed, (ok call me stupid) do I keep it or do they take it?

My Labour candidate was canvassing in my street yesterday morning, I was on the doorstep and just about to leave the house when I saw her. We had a brief discussion, I learnt that she had previously been a teacher. I menitoned the pledge, she asked for a copy but I hadn't downloaded it at that point in time, but I did visit the HQ later with the pledge and a self-addressed envelope. Will she sign it? I don't know...

I received a signed pledge from my Conservative Candidate this morning. :thumbs: Only three to go!! :D

I have spoken to IPSEA, they would like signed pledges posted to the address on the bottom of the pledge.

Please let IPSEA know when you get a candidate to sign and they will post their names on their web site. email; chris.ipsea@intamail.com

Nellie xx

We have yet to have a flyer for any party let alone anyone calling at the door. Such is the belief that the Labour have such a strong hold here that it's not worth the others bothering. It really makes me very angry. The only Bill Board Posters I have seen are for the Lib Dems - no one else has bothered to even post anything up!

So I probably have less than '0' chance of passing on anything to anyone.

Carole

Well I sent off copies of the pledge to each of my three main prospective parlimentary candidates, together with a brief letter outlining our situation and why I though this was important. So far I have received an answerphone message from one of them, the Tory candidate, but I haven't managed to speak to her yet. I wait with bated breath this week to see if anyone else responds.

I got two signatures. I was in my dressing gown when one candidate came to the door. "Just post it to me" he stuttered as he run down the drive. I got his signature a few days later in the post.

Nellie ;)