Sign in to follow this  
Pippin

OMG !! Emergency definition needed!!!

Our local rag are coming round tomorrow to interview me as I nominated P to attend a Christmas party for kids who have "triumphed over adversity" and the like. I basically nominated him as he never gets party invites cos his peers think he's wierd. How the hell can I explain that to a reporter for publication??? And how can I explain HFA to someone who, clearly, doesnt have a clue....and is likely to print whatever I say??

Short essays welcome!!!!

Hi,

I was just about to recommend the National Autistic Society web site.

I would say also look under:- Asperger, what is it.

Edited by chris54

Good news....he has an invite!!! Along with the whole of the rest of the family!!! Have to say I'm really chuffed. The cynical side of me was expecting us to be turned down as he wasnt seen as disabled enough (you know the stuff.......he doesnt "look" autistic!!!). I'm really glad to be proven wrong. P is flapping all over the house in exitement.

hi pippin

thats great i hope p realy enjoys it and the rest of the family have a lovley time >:D<<'>

theresa x

i think its good for the press to pass on autism awareness to the public via your nomination and i am glad you lad has a invite,it will boost his confidence and i hope you all enjoy yourselves. We have a school halloween party to attend at school , i go just to make sure he behaves ,he dances about on his won usually and when he looses at games,he gets a little competive and i have to be in a position to grab him just in case. :party:

Im really glad your boy got invited to the party.

Last year, our DGS was in reception and got quite a few party invites. This year (Y1) he has had less, and I keep hearing mention of parties for people in his class where he hasnt been invited. He also doesnt get invited to other kids houses for tea. I really feel for him, because I think people are avoiding him because he can be difficult. This must happen to so many other children like him.