Sign in to follow this  
pingu

Education City

Hi guys.

I have enrolled the kids onto a programme called Education city (. com) Its fantastic for the younger two, but the eldest (16) is a little embarrassed to use it, as it only goes up to age 11-12 and even though he is still working at this level snd i believe the subjects would benefit him. He is not so keen to try it. so does any one know of another site for home education which is along the similar lines of education city but that little bit older looking??

Thanks guys (n Gals)

Shaz

Meus Universitas.

Hi guys.

I have enrolled the kids onto a programme called Education city (. com) Its fantastic for the younger two, but the eldest (16) is a little embarrassed to use it, as it only goes up to age 11-12 and even though he is still working at this level snd i believe the subjects would benefit him. He is not so keen to try it. so does any one know of another site for home education which is along the similar lines of education city but that little bit older looking??

Thanks guys (n Gals)

Shaz

Meus Universitas.

Hi Pingu,

Probably doesn't help if your son has seen age 11 - 12 but secondary EBD / AS use Education City from yr 7 - yr 11

11-19yrs. it's also used in some secondary mainstream schools. When I did my dyslexia course I wrote a piece on how

annoying age guides are on books which my son refused to use at 13yrs when the books had 7-8yrs on the front cover.

I used to put sticky labels over age guide until son got wise to it.

The age 11-12 is only a guide. I've had a browse on the internet and can't find anything on a similar line to Education City.

Julieann

My daughter 7 uses this and has done for a year. We have found it really good as she is very obsessive and will re-do tests until she gets them right. In that way it has taken away some of the pressure from us.For our son who now is secondray we found it of no use

Edited by madme

Hi Pingu,

Try googling "BBC bitesize" - its their secondary stuff from the BBC schools page. We haven't tried it yet as my eldest (10 going on 44) is busy on self-directed projects atm but it looks good. We did a trial of Education City and, whist some people love it, it made my eldest cringe!

Good luck with the home ed!

Tessa.