TheNeil

Forgive Me, For I Have Sinned

:tearful: i killed my fish.. by accident. i feel so damn guilty :tearful:

Oh <insert rude word here> :wallbash:. I forgot that I did something similar when I was small(er). Well the water in the tap was always really cold and the fish seemed to go into shock whenever I cleaned his little tank out. To help the little chap (the fish that is) I'd mix in some warm water so that the water wasn't like ice. One day though the water must have warmer than usual (someone had probably been running the hot water somewhere else in the house) and little fishy kind of...erm...got poached alive :whistle:

It was, honestly, a complete accident officer :crying:

Mr p did exactly the same thing Neil. Fergie had been happily swimming around in her algae encrusted bowl for years when mr p decided she needed looking after better. So I explained to him that I always scalded her gravel with boiling water, then filled up the bowl with cold. He did it 50/50 :ph34r:

It was the last day on the checkout at a very big supermarket (thats looking a lot like christmas) and if I scanned something & it didn't have a price I just put it through anyway :whistle:

It was the last day on the checkout at a very big supermarket (thats looking a lot like christmas) and if I scanned something & it didn't have a price I just put it through anyway :whistle:

I wish that was my supermarket :lol:

Absolutely. I have never knowingly spent counterfeit money, but I have occasionally found non-UK coins that I must have been given in change from somewhere and spent them on.

I just happened to notice a counterfeit pound coin with the wrong, and badly embossed, inscription in my pocket. Rather than do the honest thing by handing it into a police station and accepting being cheated out of �1 I spent it. It's a serious criminal offence to spend or even possess counterfeit money but I couldn't give a stuff.

I remember chatting to a pub landlord once and he said that he has counterfeit notes rejected by the bank every single week when he tries to pay his takings in. He was complaining that it was increasing.

I think the laws on counterfeit money are aimed more at people actually producing and laundering counterfeit cash, rather than individuals who get a dodgy �1 in their change. Unless the police found you had a whole stash of them, the courts are going to laugh at any police officer trying to bring prosecution against a person caught trying to spend one counterfeit �1 coin.

Apparently �20 notes are the most commonly counterfeited. People check �50s far too carefully for people to get away with it. I have also heard that there is now a growing problem with �1 coins. The fakes often get rejected by vending machines.

The manufacturer's standard driver software for my scanner that runs under Windows recognises banknotes and refuses to allow a banknote to be scanned. If I use the scanner with Linux then I can get a perfect image of a banknote.

As further proof of being a morally decent and upstanding individual, I'd spend it too. I can justify this as I say that shop staff need to be aware of the problem and should therefore be ever vigilant and I'm 'testing' them...or something :whistle:

The manufacturer's standard driver software for my scanner that runs under Windows recognises banknotes and refuses to allow a banknote to be scanned. If I use the scanner with Linux then I can get a perfect image of a banknote.

So you can pay for the next forum picnic then? ;)

Is it morally wrong to buy a dress reduced from �90 to �44.50, then return it when its further reduced & buy it again �20 cheaper? :whistle:

You clearly didn't watch the "My Family" Christmas special this year .... :lol: :lol:

Don't tell me, did Zoe Wanamaker do the exact same thing? I swear I am that woman :lol:

Nope - her hubby - so of course it all went wrong and they ended up being locked in the department store overnight... :rolleyes:

Is it morally wrong to buy a dress reduced from �90 to �44.50, then return it when its further reduced & buy it again �20 cheaper? :whistle:

If it is then I suppose I'd better add another item to my 'sinners list'. I bought a phone in a sale, it didn't work. I took it back. The sale was over so they refunded me more than I paid (i.e. the non-sale price). I'm claiming that the man behind the counter looked stressed so, in an act of extreme selflessness, I let him give me the extra money and then ran away very quickly...m'lud :whistle: