Sign in to follow this  
sunsmile

Hello nother newbie!

Hello all

I have a 10 year old home educated gorgeous aspie son.

I have been mooching? I think its generally called lurking about on the forum for awhile and have read some posts that have moved, inspired and laughed along with.

We live in London, my OH or DOH (dear other half!! that really suits him actually) works really hard so we can afford to HE cos school made S really ill and stressed.

I have been resonating along with the recent *Isolation* posts. Even here in the mioddle of this vast smokey city I often feel adrift and ill fitting.

S finds groups hard to cope with so we always seem to be dropping in and hurrying away. Not condusive to any thing more than surface chatter really.

Still life is good. Today the sun shone and generally Im happy and bumble along being green, writing and of course home edding my boy!

Thank you for being a warm place

Sun

Hello Sun, welcome to the forum. I have a son with ASD, who is 14 and in a mainstream school with a statement. I often thought of HE but as a working single parent couldn't really take it on-but I completely understand the reasoning behind it.

I also know the feeling of dropping in and hurrying away-not really feeling comfy.

I'l share some good news with you while i'm here! My new dog (had her for 3 weeks from a rehoming centre) had puppies last night and nobody knew she was even having them until one popped out. She had 5 all together. How fantastic it was!

Look forward to chatting-Happy Christmas X

Hello Sun

Welcome to the forum >:D<<'>

I don't have children but sometimes have similar experiences to yours with DH (AS but not diagnosed) and definitely feel isolated. I used to live in London and think it's more a case of 'especially' rather than 'even' feeling 'adrift and ill-fitting' in the big smoke. I really like your choice of words, 'adrift and ill-fitting' - I'm beginning to feel I'm in limbo somewhere between the NT and AS world and don't really fit into the NT world any more. That probably calls for 'welcome to the human race'!

Take care,

Billabong

Hello Sun

Nice to meet you...

I am in London and I feel very isolated at times too. Not sure if it is the place though, or just the lack of other spouses to share with (we have no children on the spectrum) in my case... so this forum is a good place to find some friends.

Best wishes

Delyth