Sign in to follow this  
JeanneA

Change in behaviour

:thumbs: That is good news.

I had not spotted your post re changes of class staff JeanneA .Ben also has big problems with any change of teacher or TA even when things at school are going well.When I looked at his books from last school year it was obvious when a supply teacher was in.....he got nothing done at all.When his regular TA is not in school I expect a phone call to inform me school are not coping.Karen.

I'm glad it is going well. Maybe he was concerned about the change of routine at CHristmas and feels better now things are back to normal.

Change of teachers is probably single handedly one of the biggest triggers for behavioural change in the school. In effect new teacher = new environment. I had massive trouble dependent on year at primary school, a new one would come along for the next academic year and It was uncomfortable to change to somebody else. The same at secondary school where the timetable system was taken very well but the differen't teachers weren't! Even with a special needs department on board that were excellent!

I haven't had personal experience of these issues but in my book we have one case of a boy defecating in the house and one case where a teenager with the first flush of hormones kept making inappropriate advances to teachers and students and even said something along the lines of 'come on, my mum has sex with me' - you can imagine the consequences that ensued from that one!

If you think it might help, you can read about these from

(Link removed by moderator in line with forum rules. Please pm Anna for details of her book.)

Unfortunately the paperback is not out until March/April

The parents in the book tell you how they handle things which may or may not be relevant to you but it is certainly a comfort to hear of other stories with such complex and diffculy behaviour of which there is generally no precedent to guide one.

I hope things resolve and settle soon.

Anna

Edited by Kathryn

Thanks I would really like a copy of the book once its out. Glen has had a good week at School, I just hope it continues as do his teacher and staff, they are on edge every day as am I hoping that he doesn't revert back into negative behaviour.

Jeanne

Would also like a copy once its out, my boy has displayed such off the wall behaviour this year you could have had a whole new chapter! but would be interesting to see if others display similar behaviour. Enid

Hi Enid just emailied you. I have just prescribed to Anna's book (E-book version) so I am looking forward to reading it once I get it through.

Jeanne

Well Glen's negative behaviour came back on Monday, he wetted, stripped off and hit out at staff in the morning, he was ok in the afternoon, they had swimming which he loves so at least the afternoon was without incident.. Yesterday, Glen had a very good day, no incidentsl all day so you can never tell from one day to the next whats going to happen.

Jeanne

Well Glen's negative behaviour came back on Monday, he wetted, stripped off and hit out at staff in the morning, he was ok in the afternoon, they had swimming which he loves so at least the afternoon was without incident.. Yesterday, Glen had a very good day, no incidentsl all day so you can never tell from one day to the next whats going to happen.

Jeanne

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> I hope the next few days are more settled.Karen.

Hi, Glen has had good days since Monday, so hopefully it will continue, I don't take anything for granted though :unsure: