Sign in to follow this  
hedders

Normal or "Odd" Behaviours

Think it would be classed as odd, i have started a diary on dd observations.

PLAY.

DD has 3 friends in school, one of the games is Push.

So they push her, she pushes them it's a fun game for dd.

DD pushes her younger sister for no reason with great force and think's it is funny

Also pushes her dad for no reason and laughs - which makes him angry, trying to explain that you don't push people espically her dad.

Pushed a girl from school into the road, as soon as i said the danger she blames it on the other girl.

Squeesing people on the arms and legs which she gets excited about, even is the child tells her too stop as it hurt's she carry's on.

Older girl from across the road comes over alot, on the weekend there was a massive outburst in her bedroom. My dd was shouting i hate you, your not my friend anymore, i never want you to come over again.

She stormed off to my bedroom and was hysterical on the floor - reason was the girl said she was sleeping over her friends house next week, and my dd got her to phone her mum and asked if she could sleep over our's, but the girl's mum said no.

The next day DD is on the phone as if nothing had happened and was asking her to come over to play.

DD was hysterical as she thought she had lost her nan's ring, this incidiant happened two yrs ago and she didn,t stop crying untill i showed her that i had the ring.

Took my younger dd to a house party which there were six 4yr old's yesterday. My older dd whos 8 refused to leave, and kept saying in a really odd tone

I"m not going, you can't make me, i'm staying here huh !"

I was invitied to stay my dd was hyper and loved palying with the younger one's, she tried to structure the party but loved playing all the games. She kept saying i'm not going, you can't make me really loud and looking at me froma strange angle with her finger pointed up.

She blended in so well with them, you would of thought she was 4 yrs old herself but looking from my side seemed really strange.

Squeeling and shouting for no reason

Anyway i have only just started so this based on a few day's.

I have been focusing on ASD over the years as she has speech and language delay. Now i'm started to think Asphergers and Dyslexia.

The speech and language delay could be part of the dyslexia, as Asphergers dont have speech and languag delay she has all the symptoms of Dyselxia and something else relating to ASD/Asphergers

My lad has speech delay too lol but it is really confusing with him cos he has masses off aspergers traits but masses of adhd too so they never seem to agree between all the so called 'pro's(docs etc)what is worse n needs treating with the end result of still waiting for anything to be treated!!!!

All children have difficulty understanding the amount of force that they are exerting, they misjudge - an Aspergers child probably finds this judgement even harder, as they lack the ability to imagine what someone else is feeling. Don't know, but it probably isn't malicious - may just be a genuine inability to understand another's perspective

What to do about it - I'll leave that to someone else to ponder on!

Anna

Edited by Anna Van Der Post

Yea i don't think she doing it to hurt people also. I did mention something like to to the pead as she is agressive towards her younger sister but lookin into it this started when her circle of friends started playing rough games with her. And she copied this behaviour at home, but we felt at the time it was a way dd lets out her emotions.

Anyway hope the pead will have some answers soon when i put this forward.

Yea i don't think she doing it to hurt people also. I did mention something like to to the pead as she is agressive towards her younger sister but lookin into it this started when her circle of friends started playing rough games with her. And she copied this behaviour at home, but we felt at the time it was a way dd lets out her emotions.

Anyway hope the pead will have some answers soon when i put this forward.

Lets cross fingers you will finally get some answers at the end of Jan not long now :thumbs: hope its not another case of :wallbash: Sharon x

all sounds perfectly normal to me for that age!

girls go through an incredibly moody on/off thing with their friends at that age. they play rough, testing the physical boundaries in a last hurrah before they become all big and serious. they make and break friends daily over completely pointless things. they also form gangs and exclude one child, then it switches and a different one is excluded. they're testing their dominance within their social circles, so the behaviour often overflows to home. its why at around 8 mothers across the world start referring to their child as 'like a teenager already'. they repeat the behaviour at about 13, only this time it includes boys (oh the fun!)