Sign in to follow this  
josie h

Just need to have a moan - again!

Well here I am again. No doubt in the situation many of you have been in too many times as well. C is now in school only part time. This is causing problems for me with work as I do normally have to do some afternoons as well. Not sure hw long this is going to be for. LA are supposed to be looking into a managed move as he really isn't coping wel where he is. Ed Psyc report recomends a smaller school, possibly with a unit attached. LA are suggesting a mainstream school in Stevenage - This would be bigger that where he is and with no unit attached!!!! As he is in an out of county school, Cambridgeshire have also got involved. They have given a few suggestions, but still need to wait for Herts LA to go and see the schools and then possibly give the go ahead! I'm just playing the waiting game. School have told LA that their next move will be to start the process of permanent exclusion. Now C is in year 9 he needs to start thinking about his options. He doesn't want to leave the school he is in, in his ASD mind, he has friends there and is getting on ok. The reality is that this is not the case. C is now getting frustrated at being in only half a day, the thought of having to move on and the uncertainty of it all. Sorry all, just felt like I needed to talk to someone about this. I have been quite lucky as the Inclusion manager at the school and our Advisory teacher are both supportive and keep calling to make sure I'm ok. I'm sure it will all sort its self out but it just seems to take soo long with no answers!!! :crying::crying::wallbash::wallbash:

Just replying to let you know I read your post and sending you some of these, >:D<<'> it sounds really confusing for me let alone your son, and at time where he has to make life changing choices.

If you need any further emotional support I cant recommend enough Contact a Family who have a helpline and they may help with the educational side of it, transition at year 7 is difficult enough but swapping and changing in year 9 will be absaloutly stressful, so I hope you are getting enough advice for the education part of it all.

I can sence in a way your just about coping but emotionally drained, its what it does to a lot of us, especially the part time table, been there and it is not easy, it doesnt give you any time for yourself too.

Anyway just letting you know there is a hug here.

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

Have you thought about writing to your local councillor and asking him to make enquiries on your behalf. He is supposed to look afer your interests and should write to bring your case the the head of children services at your local La and the councillor who is the portfollio holder for education

Thanks for the support guys. I am just waiting now for LA to come back to me with a suggestion. have been offered support when visiting schools from Parent Partnership and the Advisory teacher. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what they have to say.