Sign in to follow this  
bluefish

New school!!!!!!!

Hi,

I heard today that the paperwork is going through and ds can start at the village school after half term!

I am delighted that this saga is coming to an end. I went and met with the new school with ds last week as Welfare lady asked them to meet us before I made official request and the school would have recieved his statement etc.

The school were amazing welcoming, ds loved the visit. I have a very good feeling about it!

I am of course very nervous having had such a negative experience at last school but fingers crossed my posts from now on could be filled with good news.....

watch this space :whistle:

That's great news! I think in your last post on this issue you said that the school wouldn't accept him.

I hope this is the beginning of better times for you and your son :)

K x

That's great news! I think in your last post on this issue you said that the school wouldn't accept him.

I hope this is the beginning of better times for you and your son :)

K x

Hi, he was turned down by village school but this is another one and I think fate must play a part as the school that has offered him a place is perfect!

We went today to meet his sen ta and he had a wonderfull afternoon. I was worried about all the usual like iep, home school dirary, visual timetable etc and was thinking I would have to raise all these issues ( even had a visual timetable I had made them in my bag!) and EVERYTHING is all ready and waiting to go!!!!!!!!!! They gave me a copy of school timetable so I know what is happening on what day, they brought up the diary and told me when he will have his support..... I could have burst into tears of joy! all the children were excited to see him and his sen support has worked with other children on the spectrum.

I feel like I have won the lottery!

It has been a tough couple of months going against the grain espesially as we live in a very small community.

But I think if things are as good at new school as I think they are going to be it was the best desision I have ever made