Mauneen

life with asperger's syndrome

My name is Mary and I am a 25 year old fundraising administrator with mild Asperger's Syndrome from Dublin, Ireland. Before I was diagnosed I suffered an awful lot with naming calling, bullying and verbal abuse. I was abused by a man who was supposed to help me and others in the social area. When I was smaller people were sceptical about my future, however a teacher in primary school noticed my potential and called my parents. Since then I have come on in leaps and bounds especially having qualified with a degree in Arts and a Higher Diploma in Business studies. I can relate to people out there with Asperger's and give them good advice where the condition is concerned

Welcome to the forum. We are all very friendly here.

So sorry you suffered because of others ignorance. This I am afraid to say is still happening.

Thank you for sharing your experience and offering to give what will be valuable adivce on what it is like to live with Aspergers Syndrome.

CONGRATULATIONS on gaining a degree in Arts and a Higher Diploma in Business studies. :dance:

Hiya Mary,

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear how awful things have been in the past, sounds like you will have lots to offer the forum.

Clare :)

Welcome to the forum,

I have also only recently joined as my son is in the process of being assessed for suspected AS. He is prone to being teased and I'm sorry you also experienced this. It is great to have someone who will have so much experience, understanding and advice to offer. I'd like to say congratulations on your degree. My son is very intelligent and its good to hear a first hand success story.

I hope to speak with you again.

x

Hello again! I sure will have alot to offer. How are you keeping? Have you been up to anything interesting? I have had an interesting weekend myself - I attended the support group for Aspergers in Dublin myself and they are totally mad into Dr Who. One of them was down in the dumps so I tried to cheer him up saying I would never let him down. I found that one of them is into art like me. Did you ever do art yourself?

Good to hear from ya

Mary

Welcome to the forum. We are all very friendly here.

So sorry you suffered because of others ignorance. This I am afraid to say is still happening.

Thank you for sharing your experience and offering to give what will be valuable adivce on what it is like to live with Aspergers Syndrome.

CONGRATULATIONS on gaining a degree in Arts and a Higher Diploma in Business studies. :dance:

Hi Diane

You are more than welcome! Feel free to ask me on anything regarding the syndrome if you feel you are having difficulties. I have often found that my Asperger's has been a blessing giving me the intelligence and the personality that I have. I would love to hear abit about you

regards

Mary

Hi Diane

You are more than welcome! Feel free to ask me on anything regarding the syndrome if you feel you are having difficulties. I have often found that my Asperger's has been a blessing giving me the intelligence and the personality that I have. I would love to hear abit about you

regards

Mary

Welcome to the forum,

I have also only recently joined as my son is in the process of being assessed for suspected AS. He is prone to being teased and I'm sorry you also experienced this. It is great to have someone who will have so much experience, understanding and advice to offer. I'd like to say congratulations on your degree. My son is very intelligent and its good to hear a first hand success story.

I hope to speak with you again.

x

Hi Again!

I really hope your son will soon get the support He needs for his AS if he is diagnosed with it from the assessment. It will not be easy to start off with but it can get easier as it has done for me once he gets settled with the right support. If your son experiences any trouble with his condition you can feel free to ask me on anything regarding the syndrome and I can try to be of help to both you and your little lad with my own experience

Kind Regards

Mary

Hi Again!

I really hope your son will soon get the support He needs for his AS if he is diagnosed with it from the assessment. It will not be easy to start off with but it can get easier as it has done for me once he gets settled with the right support. If your son experiences any trouble with his condition you can feel free to ask me on anything regarding the syndrome and I can try to be of help to both you and your little lad with my own experience

Kind Regards

Mary

Hello and welcome, Mary :thumbs:

Hi Nicky!

How are you? Am looking forward to getting to know heaps of people on this forum. How are your boys doing especially the boy with HFA? Hope you are keeping well!

Kind Regards

Mary

Hi Nicky!

How are you? Am looking forward to getting to know heaps of people on this forum. How are your boys doing especially the boy with HFA? Hope you are keeping well!

Kind Regards

Mary

Welcome to the forum :)

I am another woman with a dx of AS, although I'm a year or two older than you! ;)

Bid :)

Hi! How are you?

Would love to Hear all about your experience with AS and a bit about yourself

Am looking forward to hearing from you soon

Kind regards

Mary

A warm welcom to the forum, :) I hope you find it useful.

Nellie xx

Hiya Nellie

Am dead excited about making new friends on the forum. The forum itself will be an excellent help to me. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Kind Regards

Mary

Hiya Nellie

Am dead excited about making new friends on the forum. The forum itself will be an excellent help to me. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Kind Regards

Mary

Hi Mary,

You're very welcome here. :)

It's encouraging to hear what you've achieved.

K x

Hi Kathryn

How are you? Am dead excited about getting to know everyone on the forum! I really hope to help out alot here and give many of the people heaps of encouragement with my achievements. I also hope that my own achievements will spur you and everyone else on in a very light and positive way. I really hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards

Mary

Hi Kathryn

How are you? Am dead excited about getting to know everyone on the forum! I really hope to help out alot here and give many of the people heaps of encouragement with my achievements. I also hope that my own achievements will spur you and everyone else on in a very light and positive way. I really hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards

Mary

Hiya Mary,

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear how awful things have been in the past, sounds like you will have lots to offer the forum.

Clare :)

Hiya Clare

How are you? I really hope that my achievements will bring major confidence to everyone on the forum. It comes to show that People with a condition like Asperger's are worth dozens of the people who abuse them and they come out with the last laugh over them in the end. Hope to hear a bit about yourself and your son!

Talk to u soon and feel free to ask me for advice on anything regardind AS!

Kind Regards

Mary