eshaw

Thought it was about time I said hello

Hi all - I have visiting your forum for a few weeks now, so I thought it was about time I joined & said hello.

I am a mum of 2 boys aged 6 & 3 - my 6yr old was diagnosed with autism 2yrs ago.

We live in Southern Ireland & despite being a member of the our local support - of late I have found I am not coping very well the trial&tribunes of life with a child on the spectrum :wallbash:

I am so glad I have found somewhere that I can discuss these problems with people who will understand - looking forward to being a member. :thumbs:

(oh & just love the smilies!)

Hi eshaw, looks like there's a few of us round here :wallbash:! I did consider just a post full of these little headbanging smilies as a way of introducing myself, but then thought the better of it - I agree, the smilies are brilliant!

Edited by Natbasher

Hi all - I have visiting your forum for a few weeks now, so I thought it was about time I joined & said hello.

I am a mum of 2 boys aged 6 & 3 - my 6yr old was diagnosed with autism 2yrs ago.

We live in Southern Ireland & despite being a member of the our local support - of late I have found I am not coping very well the trial&tribunes of life with a child on the spectrum :wallbash:

I am so glad I have found somewhere that I can discuss these problems with people who will understand - looking forward to being a member. :thumbs:

(oh & just love the smilies!)

Hi! How are you?

I am also from Ireland and I have Asperger's syndrome. I was sorry to hear that one of your boys was diagnosed with autism. I was also sorry to hear that you were finding it hard. What type of Autism does your son have? It is extremely tough at first especially for a parent of a child with autism and it can take time to come to terms with. I had a very lonely time myself growing up in my small village as my condition was unknown. My life changed completely when I went to the Dublin Business School of Arts for my degree and Higher Diploma. Since I was diagnosed, socially I came on a treat with the aid of a social group and a training facilitator. Whatever type of autism your son has, a training facilitator in the area is highly recommendable as she will be able to work with him on a one to one basis.

Am looking forward to hearing from you soon?

Mary