Sign in to follow this  
chris54

Home work.

This weeks home work is design a creature from another planet. And to plan the characters and main events that will be in a story that they will be doing in school next week.

Theme - Doctor Who.

Fine only my son does not watch television as such and has never seen Dr Who.

The last time I watched Dr Who was 40 odd years ago.

Well I dare say we will muddle on some how but when he has no idea what they are on about at school it wont be his ASD this time.

Chris, my son loves dr who.. if we can help at all let us know!

What about checking out youtube or something which might have an episode on it?

Seems odd to me to have based it so entirely on a programme that some of the children will not have seen.... How old is your son?

Could you go to the library and get some books out about Dr Who? My son who's 9 really doesn't like Dr Who or anything like that - too scarey so I can see where you are coming from.

An assignment like that would be my son's idea of heaven. :rolleyes: All children are different though and the assigment should have a wider theme to allow for different angles and interests.

It reminds me of an English assignment my daughter was once given, based on TV soaps. She had never watched a TV soap in her life.

You might find this site helpful for background information on Dr Who. If you click on "monsters and villains" it might give your son a starting point for ideas.

Good luck!

K x

DOH!!! edited to add: forgot to provide the link, but it was the BBC site, which Mad Cat Lady has given below. :)

Edited by Kathryn

Why do my boys never get projects like this? They might actually be able to do it then!!

BBC website should be able to provide you with most info you need, there is also a weekly dr who comic which you could either buy or I'm sure you could borrow an old edition from someone.

BBC-DR Who

My lad would be stuffed as he hates the programme but im lucky the dr who museum is near us.....id search online for info bout dr who....tho to be honest I cant see how the school can say he has it wrong as surely a creature could be any creature or monster lol.

Well we managed to drew a picture of an ice monster after much rolling round on the floor.He proceeded to tell my all about this monster and what it did. So I said now all we need to do is make some notes about the story, "but I don't know the story", "Well what was that that you just told me"," that wasn't a story"!!!. We got there in the end.

Well its about a monster not sure there will be much about Dr Who???.

But life's to short to worry about that.

By the way he will be 9 next month.

Edited by chris54