Sign in to follow this  
westie

Support for "young carers"

http://www.barnardos.org.uk/what_we_do/our...oung_carers.htm

I have a friend who works for this organisation and understand these projects run across the uk, not sure exactly which areas, definetely have ones in parts of South Yorkshire though!!

Please have a read because a sibling of an ASD child may need and be able to make us of these services

X

http://www.barnardos.org.uk/what_we_do/our...oung_carers.htm

I have a friend who works for this organisation and understand these projects run across the uk, not sure exactly which areas, definetely have ones in parts of South Yorkshire though!!

Please have a read because a sibling of an ASD child may need and be able to make us of these services

X

my sister is one but she is now in psychiatric hospital

We're in the process of getting help from Barnardo's- they used to run the school Cal attends! (Jammy, eh? :P )

They're still in the same building and work alongside the school, but are now able to broaden the service they offer. Although we haven't started anything yet, I can say, hand on heart, that the Barnardo's staff are wee gems and its well worth getting in touch to see what they can do for you. Some of the things they're going to do with my eldest may include befriending, life/social skills and working on family relationships- particularly between the two boys as things can and do go awry with alarming regularity between them.

Hope some of you will find a bit of support from this agency- if our 'branch' are anything to go by, its worth the while.

Esther x

Number for Rotherham Branch of Barnados young carer's service is 01709 377157, ask for Lindsey.