Sign in to follow this  
mumam

new to this

hi my 8 year old son has just been diagnosed with aspergers

i knew it was coming but it's still a shock. the autism assessment team basically assessed us and at the feedback meeting started with 'we think calum(my son) would benefit from a diagnosis of aspergers!!' and then read the report and that was it. they gave me the book written by the nas. don't get me wrong calums aspergers is very well managed by his school and has been for the last year or so. so i don't really need support for calum but i kind of feel for his dad and me we are a bit shell shocked!

i also have another son(age 7) who was assessed but the team felt autism wasn't seans diagnosis so they are assessing for adhd instead. tbh i think thats more likely.

and i have a great daughter who is only three but manages so well with her brothers.

and to complete the story i'm there mum annmarie and i've not long been diagnosed as bi-polar!!!! makes for an interesting house hold. two boys who NEED routine and a rapid cycle bi polar mum can be incompatable at times.

so thats my little family. we live just outside of glasgow